ADVERTISEMENT

I dont get the Bama/Milroe worry

Debusk2310

DGD
Gold Member
May 28, 2020
Okay, I get it the vent will vent but let's be serious.

Lets take last night at FV and disregard all the valid points about intensity and scheme for a lesser opponent.

If you compare King to Milroe, King is the better running QB. Not only is he in an offense designed for the QB run and Milroe is not, King has more of that make you miss in his game. Milore has 14 MORE attempts and 200 less YDs.

Would you believe me if I told you the LSU game accounts for 35% of Milroe’s rushing stats? Would you also believe me if I told you Milroe has only broken 60 YDS rushing in 3 games (MSST, AU, LSU)? Folks Bama is NOT just lining up and running QB draw at people. Milroe is extending plays when they break down and credit to him but Bama has not seen a defense close to ours. We will have a plan to address it.

Okay so lets say its that you dont trust our defense the staff: lets look at the season.

Running QBs we have faced: Dart, Cook, Thorne.

Thorne is a better running QB statistically than Milroe. Outside of his long run( which was a bust), we gave up about 30yds to him.

Dart is an equal in terms of running production. We held him to 20yds.

Cook is slightly less productive and had 39 yds.

In these examples, AU has a significantly better rushing attack. Ole Miss has a better passing AND rushing attack, and the same for Mizzou. We won these games and were not killed by QB run. We win convincingly if the offense does their thing. This Bama offense isnt Bama of old.

*EDIT*

To combat the oh we are getting killed on the ground game narrative once you pick apart the QB run argument. We gave up 2-200 yd rushers this year. Both IMO easily explainable but I digress.

On the season:
TN( Nat rnk 13): 130yd
AU ( Nat rnk 15): 219yd (half QB run)
Mizzou (Nat rnk 53): 151 yd
Ole Miss (Nat rnk 42): 178yd

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News