ADVERTISEMENT

I dont sugarcoat a damn thing

NUHusker06

Letterman and National Champion
Apr 28, 2006
And I never will. Alot of times people say the things everybody wants to hear, but leaves out things that need to be known.

I have received some messages and have been asked my opinions on the program.

First and foremost i think the doom and gloom is being greatly overblown, but not everything is peaches and cream with the team right now. With that said, any claims that our boosters are looking at options to replace Coach are asinine.

But I have to say this and I will leave it at that. Some tighten their asses as tight as can be when they see that Alabama jersey across the field.

We do have a few issues, and it starts with the QB position. That room is not a healthy one right now, and it isn't getting any better which is drawing the ire of many. It's an easy problem to rectify, but it takes a little humbling and setting aside stubbornness and arrogance to do it.

For those clamoring about our lack of explosive weapons, i highly recommend stepping back and rethinking that notion. We have ammunition all across the field at WR, RB, and TE, but we are using the wrong weapons system ( if you catch my drift).

Defensively, we tried a few things different and they did not work. This issue is the least of my concerns and a little humble pie to a few certain players may be what the doctor ordered.

Stop substituting on offense every single play. It's that simple. We have some guys who are very frustrated.

Attrition will happen and soon. Some are waiting until finals are done. Some will stay until after the season. There's a team south of us who will benefit greatly. Won't be the end of the world, but it will be telling as to some of the complaints above. We will have to hit the portal hard at that position.

Look, we have a game to play in 4 weeks. The season isn't lost and there would be no better ending than to slay the giant to win it all.

We have the OL, RBs, WRs, TEs, and Defense to do it. There is that one missing piece who we have just standing on the sidelines watching............

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News