ADVERTISEMENT

I feel for Burton, but I’m still mad about it…

Shephard10

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2015
Louisville, KY
I genuinely see why he made the move he made. It’s obvious that he has a better chance to do what he dreamed about at Bama. We can talk about selfish this, selfish that, but the reality is that it will most likely pay off for him. Imagine being him for a moment. You are thinking that you have the skill and talent to be used more and potentially be a #1 guy, but the team you committed to just doesn’t use you the way you think you can be used. Injuries and other rumors aside, I see his thought process.

I can’t imagine how it must have felt knowing what the best business move is, but also knowing full well that thousands and thousands of people would hate him for it. He knew that the moment he announced, he would make tons of enemies. That his home state would forever have this bad taste in their mouths over it.

All that being said, I’m still mad. I’m mad that a talented WR is going to our rival. I’m mad that he quit on us and his team. I’m mad that we may have to face him again next year. I’m mad that he didn’t love Georgia like Georgia loved him.

My point is that we can understand why he did what he did while also hating that he did it. These kids aren’t amateurs anymore. They have access to big money. We have the right to be upset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News