ADVERTISEMENT

I had to restock my likker cabinet …

JackRussellDawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2018
Coastal Florida
When I got home from our Thanksgiving travels. We had stopped at the Richland Rum Distillery in Richland, and I picked up a couple bottles of of the double cask terrapin IPA. They only had five bottles left, and I gave one to some good friends that hosted us on Thanksgiving Day.

OK that was a good start, so Saturday after the game I headed to the ABC store and bought:

Johnny Walker Black
Gentleman Jack
Bulleit Bourbon
Four Roses Small Batch
Angels Envy

Now I had tried Angels Envy before somewheres, and I chose it this time over Woodford Reserve. I tell you what, that stuff is some kinda smooth. Put that one on your list @deadduckdawg.

Oh and I started this new tradition of smoking a victory cigar after games. Hell I’m retired and gotta think of new things to do. I got me some Arturo Fuente Don Carlos seegars. (That’s Spanish for Arthur Ashe Don Cornelius.)

Anyways, peace, love, and soooouuuuulll !

When I got home from our Thanksgiving travels. We had stopped at the Richland Rum Distillery in Richland, and I picked up a couple bottles of of the double cask terrapin IPA. They only had five bottles left, and I gave one to some good friends that hosted us on Thanksgiving Day.

OK that was a good start, so Saturday after the game I headed to the ABC store and bought:

Johnny Walker Black
Gentleman Jack
Bulleit Bourbon
Four Roses Small Batch
Angels Envy

Now I had tried Angels Envy before somewheres, and I chose it this time over Woodford Reserve. I tell you what, that stuff is some kinda smooth. Put that one on your list @deadduckdawg.

Oh and I started this new tradition of smoking a victory cigar after games. Hell I’m retired and gotta think of new things to do. I got me some Arturo Fuente Don Carlos seegars. (That’s Spanish for Arthur Ashe Don Cornelius.)

Woodford Double Oak
Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel
Old Fourth Ward
Rabbit Hole

all worth a try

Johnny Walker Black
Gentleman Jack
Bulleit Bourbon
Four Roses Small Batch
Angels Envy

I will put Angels Envy on the list. I see it is finished in a port pipe. My favorite Richland Rum bottling was finished in a port cask. My local Total Wine has it in stock. I only drink bourbon once in a while in Manhattans and occasionally neat in place of my usual Cognac nightcap. I like the smoother and lower ABV bourbons and that one looks great.

I’m a reformed smoker but always loved the Fuente line. I quit cigarettes 18 years ago after 10 years of hypnotists, acupuncturists, psychologists, and other assorted quacks including a West African witch doctor who spread a potion under my nose that smelled like the men’s room at the King Center on Auburn Avenue. Hot boxed half a pack trying to get rid of the smell.

I used to have African customers fly in for training and they’d want to go to the King Center. I’d try to talk them into the Cheetah or Clermont to no avail. Once the leader of the delegation wanted a Dirty Harry gun so I stopped on the way to the King Center and got him a S&W 29. All the way down I-75 he was pointing it out the window at other drivers pretending he was killing them and yelling “bang.” I was sure we were going to get arrested or into a gunfight.

Johnny Walker Black
Gentleman Jack
Bulleit Bourbon
Four Roses Small Batch
Angels Envy

I smoke a cigar during the game. If the dawgs are trailing, it comes out early. Mac Hyde Park.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT