ADVERTISEMENT

I have done more drive-thru than anyone on this board ...

_Keef_

Pillar of the DawgVent
Jan 4, 2012
And 90% of drive thru windows workers sure are nice to my old cracker ass. Maybe its a bloodbath in the back. Personally, I think most of the kitchen workers back there are in the weeds trying to get the already crap food out of the kitchen. Why spit on it? The food itself kills you anyway.

I am sure some people do bad things to the food. Somebody poisoned Tylenol bottles and now I have to fool with that foil junk. I wish I could eat a Hardees breakfast biscuit right now but I am trying to get the Covid 15 off. I even threw away this month's cutout coupons.

And yes, young and not so young bucks, I still cut coupons with scissors sometimes. Others do, too, or they would not still send them out.

Just trying to ease your mind on a Sunday morning, Judge. (;

And 90% of drive thru windows workers sure are nice to my old cracker ass. Maybe its a bloodbath in the back. Personally, I think most of the kitchen workers back there are in the weeds trying to get the already crap food out of the kitchen. Why spit on it? The food itself kills you anyway.

I am sure some people do bad things to the food. Somebody poisoned Tylenol bottles and now I have to fool with that foil junk. I wish I could eat a Hardees breakfast biscuit right now but I am trying to get the Covid 15 off. I even threw away this month's cutout coupons.

And yes, young and not so young bucks, I still cut coupons with scissors sometimes. Others do, too, or they would not still send them out.

For the record, I'm a survivor of years of visits to fast food joints in Orangeburg.

Some here may recall The Varsity fiasco a number of years ago. It was alleged that the kitchen people were spitting in the food before it was served. One of the kitchen people admitted to the act. Way before cell phone cameras, etc so his or her word was gospel. A number of the hep was fired and new kitchen people appeared. The old High Yellow remained until he died and he always knew who and when but never uttered a word. Mr Gordy made it right.. 65

For the record, I'm a survivor of years of visits to fast food joints in Orangeburg.
I ate it all through the quarantine. And I paid on the waistline. Lake Sinclair trip (no fast food, lots of carbs) slapped me in my good ole inbred Georgia jowls face last week. Been doing the 16-18 hr fast this week and already dropped 7. Toot Toot!

Some here may recall The Varsity fiasco a number of years ago. It was alleged that the kitchen people were spitting in the food before it was served. One of the kitchen people admitted to the act. Way before cell phone cameras, etc so his or her word was gospel. A number of the hep was fired and new kitchen people appeared. The old High Yellow remained until he died and he always knew who and when but never uttered a word. Mr Gordy made it right.. 65
I know it has to happen some. Lotta messed up people out there. If I don't know its been done to me and I don't get sick, did it really even happen - lol.

Sandersville ain't no metropolis, but we do have a McDonald's, Wendy's, Zaxby's, Dairy Queen, Capt D's, and Hardee's............Burger King, Del Taco, Krystal, Taco Bell are among those that tried, but divorced our town........Funny, the one with the longevity, the most popular, is the Dairylane with no Drive thru......but this virus thingy is making them put one in now.......McDonald's far and away in the morning has the fastest, friendliest drive thru in Sandersville........that's kinda hard to believe, but it's true.......their sausage and biscuit is iffy, sometimes it tastes like fresh country sausage (great taste), sometimes the sausage has very little to no flavor......it's a gamble.......

Without coupons, I couldn't afford what Hardees has to offer.
Jacks has a purdy good biscuit and their stuff is fairly priced.

Sandersville ain't no metropolis, but we do have a McDonald's, Wendy's, Zaxby's, Dairy Queen, Capt D's, and Hardee's............Burger King, Del Taco, Krystal, Taco Bell are among those that tried, but divorced our town........Funny, the one with the longevity, the most popular, is the Dairylane with no Drive thru......but this virus thingy is making them put one in now.......McDonald's far and away in the morning has the fastest, friendliest drive thru in Sandersville........that's kinda hard to believe, but it's true.......their sausage and biscuit is iffy, sometimes it tastes like fresh country sausage (great taste), sometimes the sausage has very little to no flavor......it's a gamble.......

Dairy Lane! Is it still segregated? Never been in a more awkward setting but felt safe at the same time.

Judge what’s your feeling on rushes. Double cheese basket with extra frys and no cole slaw for me.

Reactions: 911DAWG

gotta talk the talk and walk the walk....you'll be safe.

Reactions: 911DAWG
Well Judge, what I’m referring to is when the biscuit is hot and fresh and the eggs are right off the griddle.

It’s hard to explain. It like how you know when you get a good melon. You just know.

Another fast food item that is sometimes right and sometimes not is the McD’s filet o’ fish. But BoJangles is almost always right.

Where in the h@ll did those thoughts come from? Good Grief.......

I went there circa 2001-2003 so its been a while. Whites on the left, blacks on the right. True story. Glad its changed if this sounds like a made up story. Are you a native of Sandersville and Dairy Lane?

Reactions: redclayhound
Without coupons, I couldn't afford what Hardees has to offer.
Jacks has a purdy good biscuit and their stuff is fairly priced.
No Jacks here. They have always been in Alabama, haven't they. I can't remember where it was but my brother and I used to play with some kids that were each our age and their parents used to take us on camping trips with their classic pop-up camper to some state park in Alabama when we were young. We always stopped at a Jacks
I went there circa 2001-2003 so its been a while. Whites on the left, blacks on the right. True story. Glad its changed if this sounds like a made up story. Are you a native of Sandersville and Dairy Lane?
Admittedly, I dont live in Sandersville but I have been going there since the mid 80's. Been at least 75 - 100 times. Never noticed that.

born in Sandersville, lived here for past 60 + years.....Dairy Lane started with a small building selling snow cones.......great story of one man and his half dozen children expanding that business over the years.....Owner retired a rich man......Great small business success story......There ain't many, if any, residents of Washington County that don't frequent the Dairylane........It was and still is the gathering place for teenagers in Washington County......My folks went there often, I've been there a million times, my kids have been there a million times, and now that's where my grandkids want to go.......That's four generations in my family......I don't know why, but there is a huge magnet at the Dairylane that just keeps drawing folks in, and that magnet has been working for over 60 years........I can attest to that.......

No Jacks here. They have always been in Alabama, haven't they. I can't remember where it was but my brother and I used to play with some kids that were each our age and their parents used to take us on camping trips with their classic pop-up camper to some state park in Alabama when we were young. We always stopped at a Jacks

Admittedly, I dont live in Sandersville but I have been going there since the mid 80's. Been at least 75 - 100 times. Never noticed that.
The Jacks here has some of the best fried chicken anywhere around. I get a breast and 2 sides plus a biscuit for 5 bucks plus add a drink for a dollar and I'm happy.

born in Sandersville, lived here for past 60 + years.....Dairy Lane started with a small building selling snow cones.......great story of one man and his half dozen children expanding that business over the years.....Owner retired a rich man......Great small business success story......There ain't many, if any, residents of Washington County that don't frequent the Dairylane........It was and still is the gathering place for teenagers in Washington County......My folks went there often, I've been there a million times, my kids have been there a million times, and now that's where my grandkids want to go.......That's four generations in my family......I don't know why, but there is a huge magnet at the Dairylane that just keeps drawing folks in, and that magnet has been working for over 60 years........I can attest to that.......

Been there twice, once after a HS football game when our coach fed us all afterwards.

2nd time as an adult maybe 5 years later, was just traveling thru and remembered how much I liked it the first time.

Food was good both times, but the service was better....all very friendly and accommodating. A rarity these days.

Last edited:
I always order 3 extra chili slaw dogs. They travel great.

Dairy O has been an institution in Orangeburg since WWII. Had a cook there named Curley. Curley concocted the Curley Burger. Two patties, pimento cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onions on a bun pressed on a panini press. Wonderful. Chili dogs are fantastic. Everything is good.
They even have a good barbecue sandwich.

Dairy-O-ext-e1525112008970.jpg

I always order 3 extra chili slaw dogs. They travel great.
Yep, their chili dog is my go-to fast food from the Dairylane......if you get too many, put 'em in the frig, and slap 'em in the microwave next day.....As I said earlier, I'll eat anything (but hold the pork brains and tomato aspic).....

BTW, I don't know if you saw this from another thread......It answered your question........
More than or equal to 20 million copies sold
Year Artist Album Label Shipments (Sales) Certification[2][3]
1976 Eagles Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975) Asylum 38,000,000 38× Platinum
1982 Michael Jackson Thriller Epic 33,000,000 33× Platinum
1976 Eagles Hotel California Asylum 26,000,000 26× Platinum
1980 AC/DC Back in Black Atlantic 25,000,000 25× Platinum
1971 Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin IV Atlantic 23,000,000 23× Platinum
1977 Fleetwood Mac Rumours Warner Bros. 20,000,000 20× Platinum

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT