ADVERTISEMENT

I love how now people are shocked that

SicEmDawgs

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Our players said they were doubted. Well.. they 100% were doubted. Sure the 7-5 is ridiculous but one thing I love to do is go back at the end of the year and look at all the preseason rags I get for my beach trip.
Athlons - Bama wins SEC and Natty
Lindys - Bama wins SEC and Natty
Phil Steele - Bama wins SEC and Natty
Sports Illustrated - Bama wins SEC and Natty.
Also the only one to pick us when we played Tennessee at home was Luke Freaking Bryan. The ONLY one! Hell in the Natty Corso and Des picked TCU!
So let’s not let what we all know as fact now cloud what the true narrative was.
I remember before the season I thought Bama looked like the leading contender but didn’t they lose to us simply because they didn’t have Williams and Mechie? And didn’t the media all realize they would be gone the entire season? It was a slap in the face for a defending National Champ with a QB returning to have ZERO and I mean ZERO of the main media outlets pick it to win the SEC, much less the Natty.

So when our players seem like they played with an edge and our fans seemed to have an edge at the UT game especially, it wasn’t manufactured. It was real disrespect for a defending champion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News