ADVERTISEMENT

I mean, SHAT...it ain’t like I ...

Eastmandawg

Circle of Honor
May 29, 2001
Expected to win, I just had some hope with the right game plan...and that was running the ball, controlling the LOS. Milking the clock, keeping the ball out of LSU’s hands.

It is what we were built for, our strongest part of our team ....the OL. What do we do, we pass to our weakest position....our WR.

Almost comical, don’t think Kirby is dumb.....just stubborn, which can be just as bad.

Coach ‘O knows where the strengths of his team are...just think about it.

Last edited:
Expected to win, I just had some hope with the right game plan...and that was running the ball, controlling the LOS. Milking the clock, keeping the ball out of LSU’s hands.

It is what we were built for, our strongest part of our team ....the OL. What do we do, we pass to our weakest position....our WR.

Almost comical, don’t think Kirby is dumb.....just stubborn, which can be just as bad.

Coach ‘O knows where the strengths of his team is....just think about it.

I'm high as a kite..
you got hold of good Scotch.!?
we got whipped...
tonight, we should leave it at that.?

"From poles of skull and toe the windy blood
Slides like a sea;
Nor fenced, nor staked, the gushers of the sky
Spout to the rod
Divining in a smile the oil of tears."

Last edited:
I'm high as a kite..
you got hold of good Scotch.!?
we got whipped...
tonight, we should leave it at that.

Don’t take some good Scotch to see what’s going on. Kirby just needs to hire smarter people than he is, especially on offense. Surround himself with good people, not someone who will do what is told.

IMO, thinks he likes control too much and is too stubborn to admit it. Can’t run a program like that, it showed tonight & has before. He needs to change or move the Fock out of the way.

Appreciate what he has done, but have seen enough to know he is not a HC.

Don’t think he will change, not in him. Leaders are born, he is a soldier, hope he proves me wrong...but I have seen enough, pretty sure he won’t.

Don’t take some good Scotch to see what’s going on. Kirby just needs to hire smarter people than he is, especially on offense. Surround himself with good people, not someone who will do what is told.

IMO, thinks he likes control too much and is too stubborn to admit it. Can’t run a program like that, it showed tonight & has before. He needs to change or move the Fock out of the way.

Appreciate what he has done, but have seen enough to know he is not a HC.

Don’t think he will change, not in him. Leaders are born, he is a soldier, hope he proves me wrong...but I have seen enough, pretty sure he won’t.

sigh Eastman, let's see how folks feel...
I disagree, thinking you are drunk and angry.
this anger isn't just about our Dawgs...

Reactions: JudgeLarryDawg

I thought the same thing, win the LOS, run the ball and keep the ball away from LSU's offense. The only thing I can figure is Swift was not available and CKS had to change the game plan and hope Fromm could somehow figure it out with the passing game.

sigh Eastman, let's see how folks feel...
I disagree, thinking you are drunk and angry.
this anger isn't just about our Dawgs...

Okay, you keep him. 10 points on a defense that is below average in the SEC is not acceptable to me....game planning to come out and just throw it, to target our weakest position (WR), is not acceptable to me .....should have gone with our strengths and run behind our OL......but WTFDIK.

That was our best chance to win the game, running the ball, controlling the clock behind our big azz OL....sustaining drives, keeping the ball.

Our receivers can’t separate or hold on to the ball.....it’s been obvious most of the season, it was suicide, not good planning at all.

Don’t need to see how others see the game, I watched.... in total disbelief. Horrible, have seen it more times than I want, it will not change until he changes...or we change him.

Reactions: blackpug6
Okay, you keep him. 10 points on a defense that is below average in the SEC is not acceptable to me....game planning to come out and just throw it, to target our weakest position (WR), is not acceptable to me .....should have gone with our strengths and run behind our OL......but WTFDIK.

That was our best chance to win the game, running the ball, controlling the clock behind our big azz OL....sustaining drives, keeping the ball.

Our receivers can’t separate or hold on to the ball.....it’s been obvious most of the season, it was suicide, not good planning at all.

Don’t need to see how others see the game, I watched.... in total disbelief. Horrible, have seen it more times than I want, it will not change until he changes...or we change him.

look, either have another or lay off!

you acting up. nobody is happy here...

I thought the same thing, win the LOS, run the ball and keep the ball away from LSU's offense. The only thing I can figure is Swift was not available and CKS had to change the game plan and hope Fromm could somehow figure it out with the passing game.

Thought that too, or that he was saving himself for the NFL.

Either way, we would have still been better off trying to get 3.4 yards per carry running.....no reason to think we couldn’t get at least that.

Last edited:
Reactions: MooseHumperDawg
Offense could not break 300 total yards in its last two SEC games.

That overrated OL is about as good as receivers. The only g[od player on offense was swift. Herrien has a bulldog heart and backup talent. Cook and Zeus are both wasted schollys. Kirby has no grasp of evaluating offensive talent, hieing assistant coaches and game day management.

Moose wait for next coach. Micromanaging crybabies never champs.

Offense could not break 300 total yards in its last two SEC games.

That overrated OL is about as good as receivers. The only g[od player on offense was swift. Herrien has a bulldog heart and backup talent. Cook and Zeus are both wasted schollys. Kirby has no grasp of evaluating offensive talent, hieing assistant coaches and game day management.

Moose wait for next coach. Micromanaging crybabies never champs.

see ya dude, pug out!
we've become....not me.

Thought that too, or that he was saving himself for the NFL.

Either way, we would have still been better getting 3.4 yards per carry running.....no reason to think we couldn’t get at least that.

CKS said after the game that he was fine, makes no sense, only had 2 carries.

Somebody is pouting, the other is not responding well to it....maybe the tail is wagging the dog.

Who the heck knows other than the two concerned.

All I know is that Kirby is rapidly running out of options at the skill positions, no answers. Never seem to have that problem before, but it is beginning to show now.

We shouldn’t be that way at a school like this.

You predicted a win about 3 times. Whodahell thought we would win this game? Hope is one thing, delusional is another. Dawg fans need to get real. Pretty good team, no better. Yet. No where near the top 3, maybe not the best of the rest. Great D. Horrible, lousy O. Not gonna win anything that unbalanced.

You predicted a win about 3 times. Whodahell thought we would win this game? Hope is one thing, delusional is another. Dawg fans need to get real. Pretty good team, no better. Yet. No where near the top 3, maybe not the best of the rest. Great D. Horrible, lousy O. Not gonna win anything that unbalanced.

Yes I did predict a win, nothing wrong with it.

“Delusional” to pick a win???.... I believe the line opened up as a 3 to 4 point game in LSU’s favor, moved to about 7 later in the week.

I hardly think that is delusional to expect or hope for a win. Especially playing before a home crowd with the talent we have and with a better game plan than we had going in.

It is within reason to hope for a win and hurts no one to do so. “Delusional” is a strong word....if that is what you are calling me or anyone else for that matter.

I hope to win each and every game we play. I hope the players and coaches expect it. It is not “delusional” to do so. Only losers think we are going to lose before we even play the game.

Will we win every game??....heck no, but we are favored in most of them and win most of them. I also have hope that we will win each one and every one.

If you want to go into a game thinking we will lose, its fine with me .....it also hurts no one.

We had a reasonable chance to win. To get blown out this way is totally unacceptable. This is on the staff, not necessarily the loss, it’s how we lost....we were not even competitive.

This is on Kirby, his team.....his ugly loss. He has built a pretty damn good team, he just doesn’t seem to know what to do with it. If he wants to survive, there needs to be changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
Eastman yer a disneydawg. Disneys and their pie in the sky predictions based on nothing but hope influence the fan base to keep coaches like richt for 13 years. Keep up the "we always have a chance to win" false hope bullcrap. It just postpones needed change.

I guarandamntee you that Bermuda cannot invade China and win a ground war, and I guarandamntee you that kirby is dumber than a sack of hammers, and that it takes more than just showing up with a 5 star roster to win a damn football game. It takes talent and coaching, and anyone that thinks dawgs have either is delusional. Hell even the defense played no one who challenged them all year. Except maybe Muschamp. Let that sink in.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Yes I did predict a win, nothing wrong with it.

“Delusional” to pick a win???.... I believe the line opened up as a 3 to 4 point game in LSU’s favor, moved to about 7 later in the week.

I hardly think that is delusional to expect or hope for a win. Especially playing before a home crowd with the talent we have and with a better game plan than we had going in.

It is within reason to hope for a win and hurts no one to do so. “Delusional” is a strong word....if that is what you are calling me or anyone else for that matter.

I hope to win each and every game we play. I hope the players and coaches expect it. It is not “delusional” to do so. Only losers think we are going to lose before we even play the game.

Will we win every game??....heck no, but we are favored in most of them and win most of them. I also have hope that we will win each one and every one.

If you want to go into a game thinking we will lose, its fine with me .....it also hurts no one.

We had a reasonable chance to win. To get blown out this way is totally unacceptable. This is on the staff, not necessarily the loss, it’s how we lost....we were not even competitive.

This is on Kirby, his team.....his ugly loss. He has built a pretty damn good team, he just doesn’t seem to know what to do with it. If he wants to survive, there needs to be changes.
It was delusional to EXPECT to win this game, but great to HOPE to win it. Anybody who expected us to win must not have been watching LSU this year. And this vaunted OL is pedestrian, imo. They rarely open holes, rarely push the other side off the LOS. Our All American LT stands there while guys run around him. Our center swats at air. We did not even run the ball extremely well against the wretched GT. Swift did OK until he got hurt. And yes, it can be delusional to pick and expect a win. We were way over matched last night. We are simply not good enough to play with the top teams. Ohio State and Clemson would also beat hell out of us. We are an unbalanced team; very good D, miserable O, plus we have coaches who should have been fired last night. I would fire Hankton just on the suspicion he sucks. If the next OC calls shit games and can not develop a plan to attack a defense, then we will know where the problem really lies.

We're still top 10 and that is good.

It was delusional to EXPECT to win this game, but great to HOPE to win it. Anybody who expected us to win must not have been watching LSU this year. And this vaunted OL is pedestrian, imo. They rarely open holes, rarely push the other side off the LOS. Our All American LT stands there while guys run around him. Our center swats at air. We did not even run the ball extremely well against the wretched GT. Swift did OK until he got hurt. And yes, it can be delusional to pick and expect a win. We were way over matched last night. We are simply not good enough to play with the top teams. Ohio State and Clemson would also beat hell out of us. We are an unbalanced team; very good D, miserable O, plus we have coaches who should have been fired last night. I would fire Hankton just on the suspicion he sucks. If the next OC calls shit games and can not develop a plan to attack a defense, then we will know where the problem really lies.

Saw where this game was likely to end even before all the offensive player attrition piled up. Wanted to tell friends who were paying $300 a pop for tickets that the last place a Dog fan would want to be last night at 7 PM was Mercedes Benz Stadium.

Hell, the end of that game made switching to Watters' World of Fox seem good.

Eastman yer a disneydawg. Disneys and their pie in the sky predictions based on nothing but hope influence the fan base to keep coaches like richt for 13 years. Keep up the "we always have a chance to win" false hope bullcrap. It just postpones needed change.

I guarandamntee you that Bermuda cannot invade China and win a ground war, and I guarandamntee you that kirby is dumber than a sack of hammers, and that it takes more than just showing up with a 5 star roster to win a damn football game. It takes talent and coaching, and anyone that thinks dawgs have either is delusional. Hell even the defense played no one who challenged them all year. Except maybe Muschamp. Let that sink in.

LOL!....a Disney, as opposed to someone like you, a Chicken Little? Someone who predicts that calamity is imminent.

I will take that as a compliment, I ain't been called a Disney in a long, long time.

If you go back and read what I originally posted, I said that I didn't expect to win. That it was that I had hoped to win with the right game plan. That's not delusional my friend.

I sure as hell didn't expect to see Kirby come in with a game plan to throw and get into a shootout with high-scoring LSU. Not to come out passing to our weakest position on the team, the WR. I thought that it was moronic.

But I did half way expect to see him come in with a ground game that gave us a better chance to win, to milk the clock and let the defense do the rest. It is how this team has been built. That is the "hope" I had. If hope makes me a Disney, Lord help us all.

I think most agree that a change at OC needs to be made. But my question is, will it help?? It is my belief that Kirby will meddle and not let whoever it is to do their job. It is also my belief that he did it with Chaney, probably one of the reasons he left UGA. It's obvious he does it with our DC.

No way to run a railroad.....

Is that Disney enough for you, Chicken Little??

Last edited:
Saw where this game was likely to end even before all the offensive player attrition piled up. Wanted to tell friends who were paying $300 a pop for tickets that the last place a Dog fan would want to be last night at 7 PM was Mercedes Benz Stadium.

Hell, the end of that game made switching to Watters' World of Fox seem good.
Some losses just make me disappointed, but this one really bothers me. It was so painful to watch that I listened on the radio the entire second half. Simmons set the tone on the first play. We're lucky Orgeron called off the dogs according to Scott Howard. I was thankful LSU was burning the clock toward the end of the first half. That was a loss which defines where your team stands relative to the best teams. CKS needs to make changes in coaching staff right now. If Bobo is a possibility, he needs to move on it. If I were a candidate, my first call would be to Chaney: "Did you leave because you wanted to work for Pruitt, for the money, or because you were being micromanaged?"

Re-read what I originally posted ("It ain't like I expected to win"), also my reply to Moose. Agree with most of what you just posted.

Yeah, that situation does not seem right. Kirby thought he was healthy, Swift didn't. Two fumbles last game and on the last one he is hurt by the ground. To me, it didn't appear the way he hit the ground would have done any damage. Looked like he was just looking for some sympathy.....BWTFDIK, or Kirby for that matter.

I know he has already had a couple of flare-ups with Fromm, also with Kindley. Thinks he just does not want to play anymore, wants to move on....

Yeah, that situation does not seem right. Kirby thought he was healthy, Swift didn't. Two fumbles last game and on the last one he is hurt by the ground. To me, it didn't appear the way he hit the ground would have done any damage. Looked like he was just looking for some sympathy.....BWTFDIK, or Kirby for that matter.

I know he has already had a couple of flare-ups with Fromm, also with Kindley. Thinks he just does not want to play anymore, wants to move on....
You've also had a number of public flare ups between players and Kirby. People who were at the game a couple weeks ago said after getting his ass chewed, DGD BH35 was headed to the locker room before being led back to the bench by an assistant. This is ungood.

You've also had a number of public flare ups between players and Kirby. People who were at the game a couple weeks ago said after getting his ass chewed, DGD BH35 was headed to the locker room before being led back to the bench by an assistant. This is ungood.

Yeah, heard about that. Not what a leader should do, nothing wrong with ass chewing's if it is deserved, but do it in private & make it constructive.

I don't think anybody will deny that Kirby is a great recruiter (for now), but until he changes, things will remain the same imo. He needs to look into a mirror. I haven't read or listened to him on his comments about the loss.....but I am sure he will put it off on the players as he always does, his MO.

Concerned about recruiting now, especially at the skill positions....we're thin. Thinks some of the recruits see all of this (his ways).

Yeah, heard about that. Not what a leader should do, nothing wrong with ass chewing's if it is deserved, but do it in private & make it constructive.

I don't think anybody will deny that Kirby is a great recruiter (for now), but until he changes, things will remain the same imo. He needs to look into a mirror. I haven't read or listened to him on his comments about the loss.....but I am sure he will put it off on the players as he always does, his MO.

Concerned about recruiting now, especially at the skill positions....we're thin. Thinks some of the recruits see all of this (his ways).
I've listened to and read his comments and you're correct. There is a thread on the DV about how uncomfortable his presser was with Fromm sitting there while CKS praised Burrow's attributes. He also blamed the loss of 4 receivers last year, the poor performance of our receivers last night, etc, etc. IMO, the blame belongs on himself, Coley, and Hankton. Football has changed. Defense no longer necessarily wins championships. Having Brady and Ensminger in the booth and getting out of their way does. Even Saban abandoned old style football. There is also something outdated about Pittman's approach. 2.4 YPC. Top rusher had 24 yards. Something wrong on the OL. They just do not look good.

Can see a matchup now with Baylor (Sugar Bowl). Probably a lot like the Texas matchup of a year ago. People sitting, nobody wanting to play or play hard...another embarrassing loss to a Big 12 team.

Would rather us just to sit at home with that kind of effort to avoid the embarrassment....but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Too much money involved.

I've listened to and read his comments and you're correct. There is a thread on the DV about how uncomfortable his presser was with Fromm sitting there while CKS praised Burrow's attributes. He also blamed the loss of 4 receivers last year, the poor performance of our receivers last night, etc, etc. IMO, the blame belongs on himself, Coley, and Hankton. Football has changed. Defense no longer necessarily wins championships. Having Brady and Ensminger in the booth and getting out of their way does. Even Saban abandoned old style football. There is also something outdated about Pittman's approach. 2.4 YPC. Top rusher had 24 yards. Something wrong on the OL. They just do not look good.

HA!....just as I suspected. Not gonna share the blame, not what a leader does. I mean who wants to play for a guy like that, to be thrown under the bus.

Some of those guys on the OL are just too big to move quickly as others. Not sure if it is true, but I heard they went from man to man blocking to zone. Could be some of the issue.

Don't think Kirby will change as far as what he wants in an OL....to be big and physical. Nothing wrong with it, but use them more for what they are built for...run the damn ball.

That is why yesterday was so disappointing and perplexing to me. Its almost like he has read the blogs and wants to prove that we can indeed pass. Hard to do so without the players...but don't tell Kirby that.

Can see a matchup now with Baylor (Sugar Bowl). Probably a lot like the Texas matchup of a year ago. People sitting, nobody wanting to play or play hard...another embarrassing loss to a Big 12 team.

Would rather us just to sit at home with that kind of effort to avoid the embarrassment....but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Too much money involved.
agree. Sounds like some of our best players will be sitting out the bowl, others injured. We are not in a good place at the moment. Coach has to take decisive actions, make changes in himself. Team meeting today with some intentions to be announced, which doesn't mean we'll hear about them.

HA!....just as I suspected. Not gonna share the blame, not what a leader does. I mean who wants to play for a guy like that, to be thrown under the bus.

Some of those guys on the OL are just too big to move quickly as others. Not sure if it is true, but I heard they went from man to man blocking to zone. Could be some of the issue.

Don't think Kirby will change as far as what he wants in an OL....to be big and physical. Nothing wrong with it, but use them more for what they are built for...run the damn ball.

That is why yesterday was so disappointing and perplexing to me. Its almost like he has read the blogs and wants to prove that we can indeed pass. Hard to do so without the players...but don't tell Kirby that.
to be thrown under the bus.... and publicly on national TV, at that. Too much ass chewing on the sideline.
..run the damn ball. Our OL sucks at run blocking, just plain wretched, unless they're facing Murray St. The AJC today calls them no better than average. A lot of similar comments out there. When you average 2.4YPC, you ain't gonna win much running the ball. And when your passing game is ineffective, and your OL can't run block, your running game has no chance.

agree. Sounds like some of our best players will be sitting out the bowl, others injured. We are not in a good place at the moment. Coach has to take decisive actions, make changes in himself. Team meeting today with some intentions to be announced, which doesn't mean we'll hear about them.

Just guessing here, but if so (intentions)...would think they have Bobo locked up or almost.

I would think the only way that would work is for Kirby to give Bobo some rope, some autonomy to run the offense. If not, I could see a major clash. Not sure this would work with his rumored "health issues" or their close relationship.

I would think that working for Kirby would be a challenge in itself. It would take a special person.

to be thrown under the bus.... and publicly on national TV, at that. Too much ass chewing on the sideline.
..run the damn ball. Our OL sucks at run blocking, just plain wretched, unless they're facing Murray St. The AJC today calls them no better than average. A lot of similar comments out there. When you average 2.4YPC, you ain't gonna win much running the ball. And when your passing game is ineffective, and your OL can't run block, your running game has no chance.

Trying to be too much of a Saban rather than himself. It works for Saban, because that is who he is.

Just guessing here, but if so (intentions)...would think they have Bobo locked up or almost.

I would think the only way that would work is for Kirby to give Bobo some rope, some autonomy to run the offense. If not, I could see a major clash. Not sure this would work with his rumored "health issues" or their close relationship.

I would think that working for Kirby would be a challenge in itself. It would take a special person.
I'm not sure it would work either. A "special person" could be somebody from the Al Golden tree of coaching, somebody you've barely heard of, somebody controllable.

Reactions: Eastmandawg
But I did half way expect to see him come in with a ground game that gave us a better chance to win, to milk the clock and let the defense do the rest. It is how this team has been built. That is the "hope" I had. If hope makes me a Disney, Lord help us all.

Mickey it ain't July any more and you ain't reading Athlon's SEC preview. It's December, and the facts are now statistical history. What damn ground game are you talking about? We had one SEC caliber running back on the squad, and he is injury prone, has a bad attitude (probably not his fault) and an absolutely horrendous OL. Do you realize the dawgs have not been able to put together 300 yards of total offense in three consecutive SEC games now? We were not Oklahoma's 1970s wishbone this year.

Yes, the air game sucked even more. But Swift getting two carries is evidence that he was hurt. For you to put any confidence in our OL to block for anyone makes me wonder why I bother to respond.

As far as the chicken little bullshit goes, he would be Paul revere if the sky had fallen. And it did fall, last night. Expect the recruiting drop-off now, then the 10-2 and 9-3 seasons against the ACC-level SEC east opposition, the " we need this coordinator, we need that position coach" crap for the next decade, and absolutely zero national titles.

Most of you will be happy to waste another decade because you get an endorphin high off that "hope we win" crap. Well you ain't gonna win, at least nothing meaningful. You will never see Alabama waste a decade on a coach. They'll fire Saban's ass if he goes another two years without at least a playoff appearance. And Alabama wins national titles, because they don't put up with a bunch of crap on the field that a third grader can pick out. Georgia fans are too damn weak, patient and hopeful......like the disney princesses that most of us are.

Mickey it ain't July any more and you ain't reading Athlon's SEC preview. It's December, and the facts are now statistical history. What damn ground game are you talking about? We had one SEC caliber running back on the squad, and he is injury prone, has a bad attitude (probably not his fault) and an absolutely horrendous OL. Do you realize the dawgs have not been able to put together 300 yards of total offense in three consecutive SEC games now? We were not Oklahoma's 1970s wishbone this year.

Yes, the air game sucked even more. But Swift getting two carries is evidence that he was hurt. For you to put any confidence in our OL to block for anyone makes me wonder why I bother to respond.

As far as the chicken little bullshit goes, he would be Paul revere if the sky had fallen. And it did fall, last night. Expect the recruiting drop-off now, then the 10-2 and 9-3 seasons against the ACC-level SEC east opposition, the " we need this coordinator, we need that position coach" crap for the next decade, and absolutely zero national titles.

Most of you will be happy to waste another decade because you get an endorphin high off that "hope we win" crap. Well you ain't gonna win, at least nothing meaningful. You will never see Alabama waste a decade on a coach. They'll fire Saban's ass if he goes another two years without at least a playoff appearance. And Alabama wins national titles, because they don't put up with a bunch of crap on the field that a third grader can pick out. Georgia fans are too damn weak, patient and hopeful......like the disney princesses that most of us are.

“Yes, the air game sucked even more“:

Mr. Chicken Little, what are you even arguing??

Last edited:

I hate hell out of it, but I agree. The one thing that would give me hope would be if Kirby cleans house tomorrow morning on the O staff. I don't know why you'd keep Pittman; his unit is part of the problem. If a new OC comes under contract with the authority to hire and fire assistants and completely manage the offense, I would regard that as a sign Kirby has looked in the mirror, and would have hope. Kirby is capable with the D and recruiting.

I feel your frustration,
Dawgs got beat by a better team.

Coach ‘O knows where the strengths of his team are...just think about it.

Reactions: Eastmandawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT