ADVERTISEMENT

I never want to think or talk about Kirbs never being the HC at UGA, but I will ask who your next most desired HC would be...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
I would rank my wish list in the following order...

Hartley: Graduated from UGA. Would be loyal. Has coached at UGA for nine years through different stints, and long enough for Kirby, so he understands how the sausage is made at an elite program. Has the it factor. Commands rhe room and has unnatural confidence. Maybe the best recruiting assistant in America (although it's arguable several other UGA assistants are worthy of that distinction).

Schumann: Likely the smartest coach we've ever had. Perhaps the best assistant/LB coach in America. DEFINITELY understands how the sausage is made. The one unknown is that I'm not sure if he has a big enough personality to be the head man for the most elite job in America. Also, I'm not convinced he won't be the Bama HC when Saban leaves, especially if he gets an offer to be the DC there at some point. His credentials are there whether people want to believe it or not. He's also a Bama grad. And I'm not convinced there is a conga line of obvious choices for Bama either, and I don't see any new ones emerging at this point. Pruitt would have been the best candidate. Now he's untouchable. I honestly think he's (Glenn) a better coach than Tucker. I can't see Cristobal leaving Miamuh now that he's been offered the HC job at his Alma mater. Dabo will never leave Clemson. I think this leaves Kiffin and Napier rounding out the top 3.

BMac: Has the charisma. He's a true alpha. Owns a room. Outter-worldly recruiter. Would stay put if he ever got the gig. I just don't know how much he understands what it takes to run an empire yet. He needs a lot more time under Kirby. The contrast in how things were ran his first nine years at UGA were so starkly different from how things are run now, that Bmac may need a lot of deprogramming.

Dell: I can't say anything bad about Dell... but I just can't help but believe that Auburn will always be his first love. I think his heart is still on The Plains.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News