ADVERTISEMENT

I said earlier UK had a similar hit on Beck that wasn't called... I was wrong....

BeachDawg

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Athens, GA
... I was just watching some of the game here at work during lunch and looked at the hits on both BV and Beck and the one on Beck was way worse... nothing much similar about them...

On Walker hitting Brock, Walker goes low to his midsection and literally already has his arms wrapped around him before BV throws the ball. Walker could probably tell BV was "starting" his throwing motion but there was no way for him to know if the pass had even been thrown because his face is buried in BV's midsection before BV finishes his follow through. Walker HAS TO tackle him at that point. For all he knows BV has pulled the pass down.

On the hit on Beck.... The ball is clearly out before the rusher (#90) reaches him and #90 is looking straight at him, sees the pass thrown... then goes high, makes helmet to helmet contact, and drives Beck to the ground.

It happened so fast in the game with a pour camera angle that I never got a good look at the hit on Beck until now. They looked like similar hits at first glance but they were not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.