ADVERTISEMENT

I see a lot of misery…

RingoTheBell

3-Peat for Big Dev
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2020
So, I thought I’d ask this, with full preparedness to be tarred and feathered, walked to the gallows, etc.

As bad as the loss hurts, am I the only one that thought pre-season that 12-1 with a loss in the SECCG was this team’s ceiling? I just remember Kirby doing his pre-season media run at SECMD. He was doing an interview with a person whose name rhymes with Mosh Skate, and when asked what kept him up at night, he said, “Our ability to win up front on the defensive line.” If you really paid attention, with as much as we trailed in games this year, and as much as we messed around (maybe it wasn’t messing around), his demeanor makes much more sense to me now in retrospect. I think he knew it was going to be tough to beat a very physical team up front that had equal to or more talent than us.

Am I excusing coaching? No. We could’ve, and I’ve seen a lot say should’ve, won the game yesterday. I guess what I’m saying is, while the loss is no doubt devastating and sucks, I’m not going to doom and gloom a possible 13-1 season after losing 25 NFL players, having Bowers miss all or parts of 5 games, and having McConkey fully healthy for zero of them.

There are areas to improve; and there are areas to get better. But I was never one of those who thought we’d railroad Alabama. In fact, my score was one point off, which I’m unhappy about.

Anyway, TLDR: we came in having lost a lot, and may have given ourselves a way better chance to 3-peat than what the roster and injuries actually dictated.

Excited for the future. We’re built to sustain.

Go Dawgs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News