Aug 12, 2003
I went to the polls Tuesday.

I saw more people than ever.
I saw people of all races
I saw people of all ages.

They asked EVERYONE for ID
EVERYONE had it
NOT ONE PERSON was denied

Even though Stacey said our new voter law would cause suppression of the black vote, I didnt see it.

EVERYONE had it

Even though Stacey said our new voter law would cause suppression of the black vote, I didnt see it.
I tried to vote up in Alpharetta as a black, but was denied.

The fact that I am a white guy has nothing to do with my rights as an identified black guy.

Of course, I didn’t have my ID with me, so maybe that was the problem. Cannot believe I was denied the opportunity to vote.

I was depressed, or maybe surprised or suppressed, something like that. I called Fox5 and they interviewed me, my mother, my attorney and asked some guys on the street something about Kemps oppressive laws. Then they tried to interview the old lady who denied me my rights and she declined to talk. She kept pointing to the sign with the rules on it.

I guess I’ll just travel back home in St Louis and try again somewhere else.

I am a depressed voter.

EVERYONE had it

Well wait until after the results. Or people start handing out food and water.

You would think differently in districts with extremely long lines
I have been in long lines. In 2008 I was in line for over two and a half hours. Outside in the rain.

Of course, I did the unspeakable, I brought a thermos, sandwich and snacks. I slapped some peanut butter and jelly on some bread.

Imagine expecting people to be responsible for themselves.

At what point in our society did we become so helpless?

The laws are in place to protect voter integrity. But cluelessness cannot be accounted for.

This argument is so silly.

Voter eligibility in Georgia has nothing to do with DeSantis, getting food, drinks, or lines.

Register, show up, show your ID, and vote.

Everyone who wants to vote, and is eligible to vote, has plenty of time and opportunity. That's the point.

What happened to those drop boxes?
Heck, why not? I think the BLM should use no ID, drop boxes for votes on how they should spend their money.

Give it a 90 day window.

Think they will accept all the votes?

Yes, I attempted to be as racist as possible, so I chose BLM.

I will even be fair though. Let’s do a drop box vote for school board votes. No ID. Just mail in who you want.

Think the schools will go for that?

How about gas and electric service. Just send them a letter and tell them to turn it on.

You had a question about drop boxes?

Well wait until after the results. Or people start handing out food and water.
Won’t people be at home eating their own food?

Are we suppose to deliver meals to all voters?

Man, I need to make sure my calendar is clear, I was planning to protest black supremacy that afternoon.

I can protest the black man on another day. At least this way, I can tell the recipients that the food is courtesy of the Kemp campaign, in coordination with the NRA and GA Right to Life.

EVERYONE had it

I didn't realize this was a political forum. However people denied the rights don't typically show up to the place they are denied. Loitering near polls is a criminal offense. Politics is a polarizing topic and should be on a different forum.

Reactions: pawd
Somebody will toss me one and a 1/4 subway sandwich. That’s how we roll. We all got items to pass out.
Nice endorsement for Subway!

Did you park more than 150 feet away from the building where you vote? Why can people hand out water bottles there and call it a day?

I didn't realize this was a political forum. However people denied the rights don't typically show up to the place they are denied. Loitering near polls is a criminal offense. Politics is a polarizing topic and should be on a different forum.
OK. which forum?

Somebody will toss me one and a 1/4 subway sandwich. That’s how we roll. We all got items to pass out.
So if you are rich and hand out food, your aren’t part of the oppressed and suppressed vote? Are you just looking out for the “WE” club?

I had to make peanut butter and jelly. I can’t afford subway sandwiches like you.

I wonder if they gave our free food in 2008 and 2012. Was the liberal voter in better standing then?

The helplessness of the modern adult is just amazing.

So if you are rich and hand out food, your aren’t part of the oppressed and suppressed vote? Are you just looking out for the “WE” club?

I had to make peanut butter and jelly. I can’t afford subway sandwiches like you.

I wonder if they gave our free food in 2008 and 2012. Was the liberal voter in better standing then?

The helplessness of the modern adult is just amazing.
Everyone had an ID back then too. Now, it's impossible for the disenfranchised to get one.

EVERYONE had it

What a goofy message to post on a football message board. This poorpreacher guys sounds like a rocket scientist but so interesting how certain people can only see one perspective.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
It’s so funny how YA’LL MAGA been fired up all morning about WE the people passing out food and water in places with long voter lines. It upset the current people in power so much that they made laws against it.

But here’s the real punchline…they (y’all) would rather make passing out food and water illegal, but everyone (including criminals) can now open carry firearms. Now that’s crazy.

Reactions: pawd and Wilsonkh
I waited in line in the 1990's for over 3 hours to get on a MARTA train to go to the Braves parade after they lost the World Series to the Twins. I did not have any food or water and I lived to send this post today.
You sir are a survivor and should be applauded

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT