ADVERTISEMENT

I waited tables and or bar tended half my adult life, so I'm huge on tipping and karma, but these new tip screens are a serious imposition on people..

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
Especially with these idiots just staring you down while you finish a purchase. I never in a million years would have been near a customer when they were signing their bill. People don't need to feel socially awkward about tipping or feel pressured into it. That's something that needs to be done without some goof staring at you. And people definitely shouldn't feel pressured about tipping for buying stuff at a counter like tires, donuts, ice cream, oil changes and on and on. Tip jars are fine. There is now a bullshit expectation to be tipped for no reason all because of an uncomfortable wrinkle baked into basic transactions.

Actually earning my tips incentivized me to learn to treat people right, to anticipate needs, to read the room. I could go on about why these pads suck. When they first came around, I was happy they existed, now I resent them and the entitled, socially inept idiots standing behind them with their blank stares (and it's almost all because of that blank stare... waiting on me to tip them for nothing).

They should be outlawed except for when you are paying for a meal at a table, and that server better step the **** away for about a minute.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News