ADVERTISEMENT

I wandered over to the Clemson board....

fdawg1103

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
I had a few minutes after lunch today so I wandered over to the Clemson board to see what they are saying about the game which, by the way, is later this month. Sounds good to say that. Anyway, it's your typical mix of optimism and pessimism. But what I found really interesting is just how much they HATE UGA. I know they are long time rivals and all that, but I can honestly say I don't view Clemson any different than I view Kentucky or South Carolina. Certainly not on the level of uf, gt, au, or utk, Now I will admit that the most obnoxious, arrogant pos fan I've ever met was a Clemson fan, but I always figured that said more about the dude than the school.

Anyway, here's a few gems from their board:

On Cade K's upcoming performance against them Dawgs, the question was posed, " if Cade plays an A/B game against UGA, do you like our odds of winning in Atlanta?"

"If we get an A game from Cade we will beat Georgia."

"Cade and Pearman gonna both play snd skull fck Kirby!"

"I like to think I'm pretty objective, an A game from Cade and Clemson can (maybe even should) win.
B game I think would be competitive at least, it would depend as much on any crucial mistakes around him and/or who wins the turnover battle.
C or worse? I think it would be hard to watch."

"If the offense plays their A game we win. No question in my mind. UGA isn't the 5000lb gorilla some make them out to be."

"Tell me the offense has an “A” game and we are in it for the victory….
Tell me our defense has an “A” game and our offense has a “B” game and we win!
Cade doesn’t have to be great for us to win the game. He just needs to manage the game and not make mistakes.
Go back in 2021 and look at the stats… We had 178 yards passing and 2 yards rushing and was in the game…"

"The last time Georgia lost a football game the opposing QB went 13/23 for 192 yards and 2 TDs with 29 (sack adjusted) rushing yards. Bama had a grand total of 306 total yards in that game."

(In response to someone saying we did look like a 5000 lb gorilla)
"Did you watch them last year? In one of the softest schedules in the country they: struggled against South Carolina, looked less than impressive against UAB, struggled against Auburn, let Vandy put 20 on the board, struggled mightily against GT and lost to Bama.
UGA's recruiting is better than they team."

"When, not if, Cade plays well…we’re beating Jawja…
This nonsense so many of y’all believe that the Dawgs are better at every level & blah blah blah is just that…nonsense…our defense is better than theirs & our offense will be much improved & I know they have supposed Heisman frontrunner Carson Beck but dude is a statue & he has no Bowers or McConkey to bail him out game 1…"

On dismissal of RaRa and on Kirby in general:

"Funny thing is he would still be on the team if the media hadn't reported it."

"Must not have been expected to contribute"

"Honestly, the evidence must be pretty black and white, cut and dry for him to be dismissed before a trial. With kids involved, it was probably an easy decision but this is a big miss.
They have 1 WR that is proven and a bunch who have underachieved or transferred up. Lovett is the only proven pass catcher they have and he was not on the level of McConkey or Rosemy-Jacksaint and of course Bowers is gone. This is a fairly big loss for them
Their WR room is a big question mark"

"He was expected to be their #2 guy. This is big news."

"he was a starter...most definitely expected to contribute and was expected to be a big time. It was not clear if he was going to be their #1 or #2. Likely #2 but when he transferred from MSU they were expecting him to be a big time contributor."

"yeah, the dude had a domestic charge at MSU and Smart basically said "who cares" because he was their top WR and wanted to transfer."

"Massive loss for the dawgs."

So yeah.......delusional. But hey, that's what makes this fun I guess. I can't wait to go back and read their board after Kirby puts his foot up their collective hind ends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.