ADVERTISEMENT

I will have y’all know that me and the Mrs …

Are perched up in here at the ATL. Tomorry night, we are going to see Lionel Richie, sans the Commie Dores, plus Earth Wind Fire Acid Rain and Globular Warming.

Any y’all goin? Wanna meet up and fight or drank? Lemmee know.
Sounds like some great music. Hope y’all make it out of the ATL alive and that Acid Rain and Globular warming don’t get in a fight.

awesome. I was and still am a HUGE Earth Wind and Fire (EWF) growing up. As a young trumpet player, I loved their stuff. The horn section was known early as the EWF horns but later became known as the Phenix Horns and have backed up many other artists. One of my favorites has always been "In The Stone" - one of the best brass charts of all time. Now... @JackRussellDawg , have you ever heard of the Russian/Ukranian tribute band "Leonid & Friends". They play the complete catalog of Chicago and EWF. They tour all over and have been in the US for the past couple years. Less fighting. More music. These guys are phenominal. You need to subscribe to their YT channel. Leonid is the bass player and studio wizard. )) This recording from 2022:

EWF's Fantasy

DAMMIT. I can't help it. These russians can PLAY!!

Last edited:
awesome. I was and still am a HUGE Earth Wind and Fire (EWF) growing up. As a young trumpet player, I loved their stuff. The horn section was known early as the EWF horns but later became known as the Phenix Horns and have backed up many other artists. One of my favorites has always been "In The Stone" - one of the best brass charts of all time. Now... @JackRussellDawg , have you ever heard of the Russian/Ukranian tribute band "Leonid & Friends". They play the complete catalog of Chicago and EWF. They tour all over and have been in the US for the past couple years. Less fighting. More music. These guys are phenominal. You need to subscribe to their YT channel. Leonid is the bass player and studio wizard. )) This recording from 2022:

EWF's Fantasy

DAMMIT. I can't help it. These russians can PLAY!!
Yes they are fabulous. Ukrainians and a Russian or two, I think. Their 25 or 6 to 4 is at least as good as the original, although Terry Kath is just incredible. anybody interested in him should read his story. It’s quite the tale.

Are perched up in here at the ATL. Tomorry night, we are going to see Lionel Richie, sans the Commie Dores, plus Earth Wind Fire Acid Rain and Globular Warming.

Any y’all goin? Wanna meet up and fight or drank? Lemmee know.
I’ll be at Chastain Friday for Yacht Rock. Looking forward to another great show at a very cool concert venue. Hope you annd the Mrs. enjoy your show. Be safe.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT