ADVERTISEMENT

I woke up this morning with hate in my heart

mjohns2078

Trash Panda
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2021
Rocket City
I don't know if there is another college football team in the country who's fans are so divided regionally about who their biggest rival is. I'm 40. I was born in Augusta. Perhaps if I would have stayed there, I would have said that Clemson (maybe South Carolina) is our biggest rival. If I had been lucky enough to attend UGA, I might have said that tech is our biggest rival. I as an adult, I lived in Newnan for a while. Had I grown up there, I would argue that Auburn deserves our hate most of all. Indeed, if I had spent my impressionable youth pretty much anywhere else south of Dalton, the bulk of my ire would be directed at Florida.

However, I grew up in Chattanooga in the 90. Through middle school and high school I had to see that awful orange everywhere. I endured Peyton, AL Wilson, Jamal Lewis and 1998 right in my face. I even attended UTjr from 2001 to 2004 (witnessed Hobnail Boot from the student section wearing red).

There is no team in sports I hate more than the Vols. As a lifelong Braves & Falcons fan, that is a significant statement. I hate the Vols more than I hate the Saints or the Patriots. More than I hate the Yankees or the Dodgers. More, even, than I hate Florida.

So, for today and this day every year, Go Gators.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News