ADVERTISEMENT

I would give one word of advice to each party's convention organizers...

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
DNC should have their main speaker for the night up on stage by at least 10:30. Makes no sense to do it later than that.

RNC should stop doing celebrities unless they truly have a big name. Clint Eastwood, no matter what you thought of his speech, was a big name. But running out Amber Rose, Hulk Hogan and Kid Rock vs. who the Dems can pull just is not a good look. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of that comparison.

Last edited:
DNC should have their main speaker for the night up on stage by at least 10:30. Makes no sense to do it later than that.

RNC should stop doing celebrities unless they truly have a big name. Clint Eastwood, no matter what you thought of his speech, was a big name. But running out Amber Rose, Hulk Hogan and Kid Rock vs. who the Dems can pull just is not a good look. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of that comparison.
That’s funny. I agree with a lot of that. But van jones called amber rose the most effective speaker for either party. He said her 25 million followers were paying attention. He said if the pubs had three more like her to speak it would be a wrap.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
That’s funny. I agree with a lot of that. But van jones called amber rose the most effective speaker for either party. He said her 25 million followers were paying attention. He said if the pubs had three more like her to speak it would be a wrap.
She was good. If they keep her and don't ask the others, it's fine because you wouldn't necessarily say she's a celebrity. Everyone that follows someone on social media isn't necessarily voting like them.

She was good. If they keep her and don't ask the others, it's fine because you wouldn't necessarily say she's a celebrity. Everyone that follows someone on social media isn't necessarily voting like them.
Of course they won’t all vote like her. Would take her over Clooney. Or whatever celeb they trot out. I think it is a diminishing return these days. Really for both sides. But having one like her, who was as lefty as they come tell people how she woke up. It was powerful. I think the pubs could use a ton more of that. Another poster has talked about how much better the Republican surrogates are this time around. Byron Donalds has been massively effective. The more like him show up trouncing Democrat interviewers over policy, the better the world will be.

Last edited:
Of course they won’t all vote like her. Would take her over Clooney. Or whatever celeb they trot out. I think it is a diminishing return these days. Really for both sides. But having one like her, who was as lefty as they come tell people how she woke up. It was powerful. I think the pubs could use a ton more of that. Another poster has talked about how much better the Republican surrogates are this time around. Byron Donalds has been massively effective. The more like him show up trouncing Democrat interviewers over policy, the better the world will be.
Loved John Legend tonight doing a little Prince. Good stuff.

I could give a rats ass what any celebrity or sports person thinks or says about politics, either side. Most think more highly of themselves and their opinion than reality.

My prediction is 90% of the voters, including myself, watches less than 5 minutes of either convention. Just don’t think they matter to the normal voter unless something goes totally off course. Pubs ran a good one, appears the Dems have too. Protesters have been kept off front page and any infighting has been kept away from public.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
My only disagreement was the RNC brought in some folks that weren't just preaching to the choir. Yeah, Clooney is a big name but is anybody on the fence tuning in to hear exactly what they think will be said? The RNC had Amber Rose and the head of the Teamsters speak at their convention that may have actually brought some eyeballs that traditioanlly voted against Pubs. At a minimum it shows a willingness to reach out.

Didn’t see Biden’s speech, but part of me wonders did the Dems purposely wait to 11:30 to put him out there? Probably didn’t want the world to see how feeble he actually is given their comments for the last year.

Probably not, but I love a good conspiracy theory.

Reactions: poochpup
Didn’t see Biden’s speech, but part of me wonders did the Dems purposely wait to 11:30 to put him out there? Probably didn’t want the world to see how feeble he actually is given their comments for the last year.

Probably not, but I love a good conspiracy theory.
He got to do the eulogy at his own funeral.

The Dems make the Mafia look like the Girl Scouts.

Reactions: stray

My advice would be don't insult the audience by lying to them.

Reactions: -lowcountrydawg
Yeah and Van Jones was literally the only person that said that and he got absolutely flamed. You have to remember Amber spoke at the RNC before Biden dropped out. The point he was trying to make was black women would see her and look at the GOP. But, once Harris was nominated all that "potential" upside that Amber "may" have had disappeared. Amber Rose isn't going to move the needle for black people or black women to the GOP. Also considering how Michelle Obama absolutely killed it on Tuesday night it's not a good comparison at all.

I could give a rats ass what any celebrity or sports person thinks or says about politics, either side. Most think more highly of themselves and their opinion than reality.
I think you meant to say "couldn't", friend. Have a great one, today.

• Haha
Reactions: celticdawg
Yeah and Van Jones was literally the only person that said that and he got absolutely flamed. You have to remember Amber spoke at the RNC before Biden dropped out. The point he was trying to make was black women would see her and look at the GOP. But, once Harris was nominated all that "potential" upside that Amber "may" have had disappeared. Amber Rose isn't going to move the needle for black people or black women to the GOP. Also considering how Michelle Obama absolutely killed it on Tuesday night it's not a good comparison at all.
Michelle did what Michelle will always do. This isn’t the comparison I am making sho. She is so popular amongst black America. Without a doubt. No question. I said multiple times here if she ran, she wins going away. IMO.

She has always been a Democrat. She has never been anything but a Democrat. Nothing has changed for anyone since she has been on the scene. Ironically Trump and Biden had the lowest numbers for black unemployment. Not Obama. That is a fact.

The point is amber rose was a huge Obama supporter. Supported biden. Woke up one day and realized they haven’t done one thing to actually help the black community. Her words not mine. I believe and have said it to you and others many times, conservative policies are imo really what this country needs right now. In so many ways it has stretched too far left. The people to get us there are minority Republican politicians. Vivek. Bryon donalds, Tim Scott, Rubio etc.

Michelle did what Michelle will always do. This isn’t the comparison I am making sho. She is so popular amongst black America. Without a doubt. No question. I said multiple times here if she ran, she wins going away. IMO.

She has always been a Democrat. She has never been anything but a Democrat. Nothing has changed for anyone since she has been on the scene. Ironically Trump and Biden had the lowest numbers for black unemployment. Not Obama. That is a fact.

The point is amber rose was a huge Obama supporter. Supported biden. Woke up one day and realized they haven’t done one thing to actually help the black community. Her words not mine. I believe and have said it to you and others many times, conservative policies are imo really what this country needs right now. In so many ways it has stretched too far left. The people to get us there are minority Republican politicians. Vivek. Bryon donalds, Tim Scott, Rubio etc.
I wasn't meaning to wax poetic on the Obamas, friend. Just saying that we need to put the negatives behind us and be better. Hope you have a good 'un.

I mean that's cool but my post is just co-signing onto @kckd post about celebrity status and the truth is...and I'm going to be as respectfully ad possible to Amber Rose...No one in the black community gives a F about Rose...literally no one. She says Dems have never done anything for the black community, she's never done anything for th black communit. She's famous for having "dated" Ye and other famous rappers that's it.

And as for the black Republicans you mentioned none of them represent a constituency of majority black people all overwhelming majority white. So they don't represent black community or advocate for our interests and that's a fact. None of them are in the mold of Frederick Douglass.

If you want to read a good book on why there are so few black republicans here is a good book.

The Grift: The Downward Spiral of Black Republicans from the Party of Lincoln to the Cult of Trump https://a.co/d/gOO6SA5

Kid Rock absolutely sucked. However, he is worshipped in Michigan amongst the working class folk. He would have done much better to sing his hit All Summer Long with the music video playing behind him. That song melds themes from the great lakes region as well as the South with a little Sweet Home Alabama mixed in. Hard to argue with that.

Probably the most left thing ever to rate something based on celebrity support 😂

Couldn’t care less about celebrity support but it does speak to a lot of ignorance in what people care about because it does unfortunately matter with votes, though it in no way should

I’m not buying toothpaste I’m deciding on the leader of the free world

I mean that's cool but my post is just co-signing onto @kckd post about celebrity status and the truth is...and I'm going to be as respectfully ad possible to Amber Rose...No one in the black community gives a F about Rose...literally no one. She says Dems have never done anything for the black community, she's never done anything for th black communit. She's famous for having "dated" Ye and other famous rappers that's it.

And as for the black Republicans you mentioned none of them represent a constituency of majority black people all overwhelming majority white. So they don't represent black community or advocate for our interests and that's a fact. None of them are in the mold of Frederick Douglass.

If you want to read a good book on why there are so few black republicans here is a good book.

The Grift: The Downward Spiral of Black Republicans from the Party of Lincoln to the Cult of Trump https://a.co/d/gOO6SA5
I will try to read it. That grift works both ways imo. The last 20 years especially. You see more and more waking up online. I see it daily. Call it what you want. I see your reaction to black republicans and I know I am right. It is total confirmation on minority pubs being the answer to the future of the country. It is why black men started to swing heavily toward Trump. It took desperation to change these statistics some. Total desperation. You can’t argue that. What happened with Biden and Kamala hasn’t been done likely in both our lifetimes.

You never saw people like Candace Owens and others out there 20 years ago. I think this is a reaction to disappointing policies over and over again. The definition of insanity. You have no one up there that sees the light about policy. It is just about trump. What bs will the left make up next when he is gone. This also track in my argument. Trump is the most hated pub ever. Why? He was Democrat.

The Hulk’s speech was epic!

Reactions: stray
The last 20 years especially. You see more and more waking up online. I see it daily.
So what you're giving is the perfect example of Absence Evidence Bias or Lack of Evidence Fallacy because these voices have always been in the black community just you never heard it. You're only seeing and hearing them now because of the internet and X. You're not going to see a huge swing toward the republican party because of the man you have at the top of the ticket Trump. And with every interview he moves just one more black voice away from his totals.

I see your reaction to black republicans and I know I am right. It is total confirmation on minority pubs being the answer to the future of the country.
What's the list of black Americans that are so inspiring that will move blacks to the GOP. You mentioned Candace Owens...you mean this person? Again the quality of black Americans that are supporting the GOP aren't the communities best and brightest.

https://premierchristian.news/en/ne...ends-israel-amid-her-antisemitism-allegations

Or do you mean Herschel walker that only won 8-10 points of the black vote in GA?
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/warnock-wins-senate-reelection-in-georgia-runoff

Or are you talking about Mark Robinson...a black man running for governor in NC that said the black community should pay reparations to America?
https://atlantablackstar.com/2024/0...ck-gubernatorial-candidate-in-north-carolina/

I will try to read it. That grift works both ways imo. The last 20 years especially. You see more and more waking up online.
So you may want to read this book "The Grift" because these current black republicans like: Scott, Thomas, Daniels, Owens and Diamond (RIP)/Silk we're grifting the black community...They are grifting you! They know if they shuck and jive then spread falsehoods about their own community conservative white America will throw money at them. They seek adjacency to power and wealth by selling out their own community for 30 pieces of silver. And the fact that conservative white America can't see they are being finessed and pockets emptied by these charlatans is both said and hilarious. If you're black and willing to spread falsehoods and lies about your own community the GOP will thrown money at them.

Because here is the sad truth...you can't be BOTH a proud black man/woman who advocates for the black community and a Republican in the current GOP. You must pick on or the other...and that's why you won't see a significant move of black Americans to the GOP. And

Reactions: celticdawg
So what you're giving is the perfect example of Absence Evidence Bias or Lack of Evidence Fallacy because these voices have always been in the black community just you never heard it. You're only seeing and hearing them now because of the internet and X. You're not going to see a huge swing toward the republican party because of the man you have at the top of the ticket Trump. And with every interview he moves just one more black voice away from his totals.

What's the list of black Americans that are so inspiring that will move blacks to the GOP. You mentioned Candace Owens...you mean this person? Again the quality of black Americans that are supporting the GOP aren't the communities best and brightest.

https://premierchristian.news/en/ne...ends-israel-amid-her-antisemitism-allegations

Or do you mean Herschel walker that only won 8-10 points of the black vote in GA?
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/warnock-wins-senate-reelection-in-georgia-runoff

Or are you talking about Mark Robinson...a black man running for governor in NC that said the black community should pay reparations to America?
https://atlantablackstar.com/2024/0...ck-gubernatorial-candidate-in-north-carolina/

So you may want to read this book "The Grift" because these current black republicans like: Scott, Thomas, Daniels, Owens and Diamond (RIP)/Silk we're grifting the black community...They are grifting you! They know if they shuck and jive then spread falsehoods about their own community conservative white America will throw money at them. They seek adjacency to power and wealth by selling out their own community for 30 pieces of silver. And the fact that conservative white America can't see they are being finessed and pockets emptied by these charlatans is both said and hilarious. If you're black and willing to spread falsehoods and lies about your own community the GOP will thrown money at them.

Because here is the sad truth...you can't be BOTH a proud black man/woman who advocates for the black community and a Republican in the current GOP. You must pick on or the other...and that's why you won't see a significant move of black Americans to the GOP. And
How are they grifting me sho? I am not giving them any money. You think no black American can be conservative without being a charlatan. Holy smokes man. No need discussing this with you. That is almost as sick a viewpoint as the one from the other side you hate. I didn’t think you were like that. It is surprising to hear. I don’t think there will ever be a significant move either. But not for what you are saying. The grift that has been playing over and over for years. An attitude like that tells me nothing will really ever change. People talk about wanting change. Doesn’t seem to be true in this case. I don’t want to believe that. I am honestly sad that you do believe this way.

Last edited:
Because here is the sad truth...you can't be BOTH a proud black man/woman who advocates for the black community and a Republican in the current GOP.
Current GOP...because that's the truth. Also this isn't me saying this, this is a former black conservative JC Watts that said this and it's the truth. And if conservative white voters think these walking Minstrel Shows like Robinson in NC, Diamond (RIP)/Silk, Herschel Walker, Amber Rose and Candance Owens are some how these shinning examples of a proud black American then you they will continue to only receive single digit support from the black community.

"But Republicans, conservatives, I think the issue on the right is is that they do not allow an African-American to be Republican, conservative, and black. They say you've got to be one or the other. And I think it's very difficult for African-Americans to say, you expect me to denounce the experiences I've had" ~ JC Watts

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/j-c-watts-why-race-233429005.html

Current GOP...because that's the truth. Also this isn't me saying this, this is a former black conservative JC Watts that said this and it's the truth. And if conservative white voters think these walking Minstrel Shows like Robinson in NC, Diamond (RIP)/Silk, Herschel Walker, Amber Rose and Candance Owens are some how these shinning examples of a proud black American then you they will continue to only receive single digit support from the black community.

"But Republicans, conservatives, I think the issue on the right is is that they do not allow an African-American to be Republican, conservative, and black. They say you've got to be one or the other. And I think it's very difficult for African-Americans to say, you expect me to denounce the experiences I've had" ~ JC Watts

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/j-c-watts-why-race-233429005.html
Again. Jc watts had completely different experiences than today’s Americans. That was a really long time ago sho. This has changed. Lord the theme of the rnc is come one come all. The theme of the dnc was trump sucks and those who support him are horrible humans. I think you have failed to see a shift in the rhetoric. And don’t tell me for one second this was the same thing said 16 years ago at the rnc. It wasn’t. Not even close. The speakers have changed. The party is changing. Life experiences of kids these days is mostly to grow up not seeing rhe same things you and I did. I know how it was. But I am happy to say it isn no where close to that now.

To hear your point of view depresses me greatly. It is so sad. You get so mad anytime anyone of those folks are brought up. The first comment about tim Scott from you was he is gay. Not wow, a potential AA gop candidate. I have never walked a mile in your shoes. I am sure somewhere in here I am being unfair. I don’t mean to be. I just don’t see it like that. Nor do I want to.

Jc watts had completely different experiences than today’s Americans
Watts is saying here that he can no longer be a part of the current GOP because they demand that he use his Blackness to whitewash America's race problems

Watts is saying here that he can no longer be a part of the current GOP because they demand that he use his Blackness to whitewash America's race problems
You bring him up. I haven’t seen him or heard from him anywhere in a really long time. Makes sense you are referencing him now since he is switching or has switched sides. Like you said. For the grift right. You said plenty in your post. I got it. GOP evil. And all that it stands for is evil. Anyone repping them can only be doing it for money or evil purposes. At least you aren’t a cliche. 🤦‍♂️

I read up on why jc switched. Charlottesville had a lot to do with it. Too bad he didn’t dig far enough to see the truth before he switched sides. He switched based on a lie fed to him by the media, and debunked by a Trump hating lefty media member Jake tapper. Just recently. Wonder if he is shown the whole interview today, he wouldn’t be on nbc a few months later saying things that turned out to be based on a lie.

His own father in 2002 had the same sad viewpoint. I don’t blame him for switching. His dad didn’t even vote for him. His whole community turned on him. Right sho. Don’t have a different viewpoint. He was cancelled man. That is awful.

Last edited:
imagine if everyone voted based on race

Reactions: zingerdawg
And why do you think black voters would choose to prioritize a black candidate over someone of another race? And thus question is for both you and @zingerdawg
I would love to have a minority candidate. I would have voted for Vivek in a minute. My vote has nothing to do with that. I understand what you are getting at. But there is a catch 22 there. And you know it. I would have voted for Tim Scott if he was the candidate. I would vote for Byron donalds tomorrow. I just told you how I feel about the future of the party being tied to this. You called it a grift and then called the party evil. If manchin was the candidate on the other side, I may have voted for him. If he didn’t go batshit crazy progressive on his policies like Kamala. You are being pandered to and you don’t even realize it.

Why do I want a minority candidate? So we start having elections based on policy that works for all Americans and not one based on race. Call me crazy.

Reactions: -lowcountrydawg
I would love to have a minority candidate. I would have voted for Vivek in a minute. My vote has nothing to do with that. I understand what you are getting at. But there is a catch 22 there. And you know it. I would have voted for Tim Scott if he was the candidate. I would vote for Byron donalds tomorrow. I just told you how I feel about the future of the party being tied to this. You called it a grift and then called the party evil. If manchin was the candidate on the other side, I may have voted for him. If he didn’t go batshit crazy progressive on his policies like Kamala. You are being pandered to and you don’t even realize it.
What am I getting at , I just asked a question. Why do you think black voters would prioritize voting for a black candidate over one of another race?

What am I getting at , I just asked a question. Why do you think black voters would prioritize voting for a black candidate over one of another race?
The same reason a white person would vote for a white candidate based on race. I pray for the day when neither is acceptable.

Another charlatan for you I guess sho. Grifting with facts.

I asked a ton of questions. You don’t answer mine or even respond to a post. I know exactly why. Because you believe that is the only candidate who will look out for you. Which has been proven 1000 times over on the local and national level that it doesn’t go like that. They take care of their closest constituents first. Then just follow the money. Like all politicians of any race.

Black voters sure didn't move the needle for Harris in her bid for 2020.

How do you feel about jc watts making his decision based on a complete lie?

Good points. Unless you want to believe polls that are skewed to the Dems or Pubs, neither convention has seen a measurable increase or decrease after the respective conventions ( after 3 days for the DNC). Most political prognosticators did not expect either convention to produce anything significant , so it would appear the planners of both conventions did a satisfactory job.

Another charlatan for you I guess sho. Grifting with facts.
Yes...yes he is. You assume I don't like any black conservatives which is false. I looked up to individuals like Douglass, Powell, Steele, and Edward Brooke. Unfortunately none of those black republicans would be welcome into today's GOP.

I asked a ton of questions. You don’t answer mine or even respond to a post. I know exactly why. Because you believe that is the only candidate who will look out for you. Which has been proven 1000 times over on the local and national level that it doesn’t go like that. They take care of their closest constituents first. Then just follow the money. Like all politicians of any race.
So why bemoan African Americans for do this when there is a long history of Africans Americans being exploited by white America?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT