ADVERTISEMENT

If it is DeBoer….

LTDawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2001
That is the best they could have done. I’m hoping he ends up staying in Washington.

Maybe he’s not from the south, but saying he’s a bad fit doesn’t make sense to me. He’s a proven winner, that just turned around a 4-8 program to 11-2 & 13-1 seasons (21 straight wins). Sure he didn’t have great recruiting classes at Wash, but that isn’t a huge name and he wasn’t a huge name. He’s a big name now. He will now always be able to recruit big time QBs and WRs, after what he did with Penix and Odunze. He’s taking over a loaded roster. This, after leading a roster with significantly less talent to the CFP finals. I wouldn’t be surprised if a guy like Bond ends up staying.

With his ability to coach, I can see him easily making the 12 team playoff in the next 2 years. At that point, he should be able to recruit that much easier. And he’s proven he doesn’t need number 1 type classes to win. He can probably recruit 5-10 in the rankings and win, knowing he’ll probably always be able to find a good QB and Wrs.

He won’t be the next Saban, but he’s the best they could have done. He’s very likable and will be able to build an identity quickly. Players seem to really like him. Coaches too. Hell, he’s had coaches stay with him for 15 years. I’m sure he will keep some good staffers on to help with initial recruiting.

I realize Alabama is a pressure cooker. Maybe it will prove too intense, but he seems pretty stoic and can handle it. Maybe they will run him off after a bunch of 11-2 seasons. I don’t know, but I don’t think he’s the next Scott Frost (Alabama ain’t Nebraska) or Tom Herman. They had one or two good seasons before being hired and took over depleted programs. Hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News