ADVERTISEMENT

I'm going on the record (Part III)

mjohns2078

Trash Panda
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2021
Rocket City
I did a couple of these last year (On the record Part I & On the record Part II) and I am ready to do another one.

I've hinted (with a hammer) about this in a few other threads, but I am not as high on Tennessee as most of the media and some of you other Venters are. Besides QB, they lost a ton of talent on the outside (WR) plus a top 10 draft pick OT. I see them taking a big step back this year.

Here it is in bold: Tennessee will lose 5 regular-season games this year.

As much dirt as some of us want to pile on Saban, I don't see any way Bama doesn't beat the Vols in Tuscaloosa this year, and I'm taking the Dawgs to beat them by 30 again at the Ney-landfill. That's 2 losses right off the top.

Here are some other possible losses:

9/16 @ Florida - Their first true road game is also their first SEC game, and I've mentioned before how they haven't won there since 2003. This early in the season Florida might still think they have a chance to make some noise.
9/23 vs UTSA - UTSA is returning 9 starters, including their QB, from an offense that averaged 36 ppg. Plus, with SCar the following week, this one could be a trap for a team that lacks mental fortitude.
9/30 vs SCar - Rattler had his best day since High School against this defense last year, and nobody thinks Tenn has gotten better on that side of the ball.
10/14 vs TAMU - Jimbo + Petrino can really only go one of two ways: either they create one of the best offenses in the nation, or they completely implode. By mid-October, I think we will know how that is going to turn out.
10/28 @ Kentucky - Late-season games in Lexington always seem to have crappy weather. It's like a Big Ten destination. Kentucky could legit come into that game, off the bye week, with only 1 loss. Coach Stoops might have something for the voles.

Of course I don't think they lose all of those, but I could definitely see them losing 3 of the 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News