ADVERTISEMENT

In last night’s western, almost everbody got died in the end, including ole Ernie Borgnine.

JackRussellDawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2018
Coastal Florida
Well, he did play a bad guy and all, but he already had taken one for the team back in the day by marrying Ethel Merman.

Holy Cow, 1969’s “The Wild Bunch” was a blood bath. Nobody was spared. Good guys, bad guys, innocent bystanders, women, horses, putas, and Mexicans, lots of Mexicans. This movie was controversial when it debuted because of the graphic violence. It broke the mold of the traditional western.

William Holden, Borgnine, Robert Ryan, Ben Johnson, Warren Oates, Strother Martin, Dub Taylor, Bo Hopkins, and more.

A shootem up’s shootem up. My wife hated it. She gets to pick the next one.

Well, he did play a bad guy and all, but he already had taken one for the team back in the day by marrying Ethel Merman.

Holy Cow, 1969’s “The Wild Bunch” was a blood bath. Nobody was spared. Good guys, bad guys, innocent bystanders, women, horses, putas, and Mexicans, lots of Mexicans. This movie was controversial when it debuted because of the graphic violence. It broke the mold of the traditional western.

William Holden, Borgnine, Robert Ryan, Ben Johnson, Warren Oates, Strother Martin, Dub Taylor, Bo Hopkins, and more.

I watched Death Wish 3...pretty similar. Charles Bronson and his buddy Wildey.

Ernie was a handsome devil.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg

We watched the two True Grit movies recently. They were both terrific.

Peckinpah at his BEST. Oates son is a member here.

Have any of you watched the latest Magnificent Seven boy them was some bad boys.
I saw the sequel, Magnificent Eight.

Ernest Borgnine was a piece of work in From Here to Eternity, too. He played Fatso Judson, a mean, sadistic SOB who gets stabbed to death in a knife fight after beating Sinatra to death. Something you never see today, a knife fight.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT