ADVERTISEMENT

Incompetence

atlanta cock#

Diehard supporter
Jun 1, 1998
We are at a level unseen since Carter. How many times is Yellen going to screw up and then admit she didn’t see something coming despite a million red flags? Am I to really believe that 81 million people voted for utter incompetence over mean tweets? It is stunning to me that literally every day we read about another f*ck up and how often it is tied to something to do with DEI or climate, or just sheer stupidity.

We are at a level unseen since Carter. How many times is Yellen going to screw up and then admit she didn’t see something coming despite a million red flags? Am I to really believe that 81 million people voted for utter incompetence over mean tweets? It is stunning to me that literally every day we read about another f*ck up and how often it is tied to something to do with DEI or climate, or just sheer stupidity.

It's all perfectly fine. Everything is fine. Take out loans, buy houses, boats, cars. Spend spend spend you idiots. It's the only way. We must borrow our way to prosperity, so the boomers can comfortably live out their golden years.

It's all perfectly fine. Everything is fine. Take out loans, buy houses, boats, cars. Spend spend spend you idiots. It's the only way. We must borrow our way to prosperity, so the boomers can comfortably live out their golden years.
If the whole system crashes, what happens to outstanding loans?

how do boomers enter this conversation? boomers aren’t making decisions for people. The boomer argument is nothing more than code for an entitled generation that thinks something is owed to them. They are waking up to reality that nothing is free and their choices have put them in a position that will make them government dependents their entire lives.

spoken from a gen xer.

It isn’t incompetence if it is intentional. Just like the BS withdrawal from Afghanistan was done intentionally.

So the Treasury Secretary is supposed to prevent a bank run? How exactly is she supposed to preemptively do that...

Oh wait, they announced a program over the weekend to shore up all banks and guarantee deposits paid for by the banks and not taxpayer money. Just complete incompetence over there...

• Love
Reactions: Lady43
You might want to look into which party championed the loosening of the regulations that covered SVB and similar tier two banks and which President successfully rolled back those regulations.
You might want to look into how a man is no less a slave because he gets to vote for a new master once in a term of years.

This is Obamas 3rd term. He is just community organizing and pulling the strings without talking like barry white.

Instead we get a guy who is worse off than when my grandpa had Alzheimer's. He walks like hes in the christmas production of the nutcracker and falling up the stairs every week.

This is all purposefully destruction anyhow. There are alot of EDUCATED people who vote dem. even members here. However education, doesn't equal IQ or EQ.

What dems are good at is allowing evil people to do evil things and getting their votes.

You might want to look into which party championed the loosening of the regulations that covered SVB and similar tier two banks and which President successfully rolled back those regulations.
What happened w SVB came out of pure negligence and bad policy. I dont even like Trump but my gd man just stop. Not everything is Trumps fault.

What happened w SVB came out of pure negligence and bad policy. I dont even like Trump but my gd man just stop. Not everything is Trumps fault.
I would add to your causes the current attempts to address the negative outcomes of a decade of bad monetary policy, which is co-owned by both parties.

This thread was launched with the accusation that this is all Biden’s fault, which it isn’t. Rules regarding reserves and stress-testing for mid-sized banks like SVB were reversed in 2018.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
I would add to your causes the current attempts to address the negative outcomes of a decade of bad monetary policy, which is co-owned by both parties.

This thread was launched with the accusation that this is all Biden’s fault, which it isn’t. Rules regarding reserves and stress-testing for mid-sized banks like SVB were reversed in 2018.
It is neither’s fault. Trump nor Biden. Not really. The roll back was for smaller banks. It didn’t cut out all regulation, and by the way it passed with votes from both sides of the isle in 2018. This branch has 16 locations. Its assets exploded but were tied into tech startups. Sound familiar. Mismanagement isn’t trumps fault. He wasn’t running the bank. Neither was Biden. They got too one sided in bonds, and as the interest rate exploded due to inflation bonds were being sold for instant cash. And to purchase at a higher rate. Banking 101.

Now who you want to blame the contributing factors on. That is up to you. Inflation caused this. Period. That is hard to blame on trump. Bank mismanagement is the other. The reserves they would have had were spent on woke policies. Like crazy. Again, the bank walked thru some of these regulations as well.

It is neither’s fault. Trump nor Biden. Not really. The roll back was for smaller banks. It didn’t cut out all regulation, and by the way it passed with votes from both sides of the isle in 2018. This branch has 16 locations. Its assets exploded but were tied into tech startups. Sound familiar. Mismanagement isn’t trumps fault. He wasn’t running the bank. Neither was Biden. They got too one sided in bonds, and as the interest rate exploded due to inflation bonds were being sold for instant cash. And to purchase at a higher rate. Banking 101.

Now who you want to blame the contributing factors on. That is up to you. Inflation caused this. Period. That is hard to blame on trump. Bank mismanagement is the other. The reserves they would have had were spent on woke policies. Like crazy. Again, the bank walked thru some of these regulations as well.
Yes. Negligence and bad policy ( inflation). The Chief Risk Officer at SVB left the company in,April . There has been nobody watching the henhouse since then. They were too busy traveling to Tahoe wasting their customers money on taking a bunch of woke lunatic women skiing for a week . Fortunately their ESG score was excellent, so all is well!

SVB is a prime example of investing in the lib utopia dream world green agenda. You should be honest sometimes, its good for the soul. PS> you should also change your screen name to dim propaganda master willdup.

We agree for the most part. One important point is that the we were going to have to pay the piper eventually for the zero interest monetary policy we have had since the last financial crisis. I think the bill is coming due.

Regarding the topic of woke policies, I don't have time for that debate so I'll just agree with you and move on!

We agree for the most part. One important point is that the we were going to have to pay the piper eventually for the zero interest monetary policy we have had since the last financial crisis. I think the bill is coming due.

Regarding the topic of woke policies, I don't have time for that debate so I'll just agree with you and move on!
The woke policies didn’t cause it either imo. It was a very progressive bank that spent a lot of money on social issues. I was just outlining where some of their reserves were spent. You can go read about it. Billions of dollars. Some of which was also put into small businesses. It wasn’t all woke.

Reactions: Zonadog and willdup
The woke policies didn’t cause it either imo. It was a very progressive bank that spent a lot of money on social issues. I was just outlining where some of their reserves were spent. You can go read about it. Billions of dollars. Some of which was also put into small businesses. It wasn’t all woke.
They spent a lot of time on ESG and skimped on portfolio management. Having no officer in charge of that area for 9 months is seriously incompetent. Add to that 8 straight rate increases from the Fed, yet this bank sat on mortgage backed securities and T-Bills with the majority of their funds. Investors have been warned about SVB for the past year. Regulators did not intervene until it was too late.

This was not a typical bank. Nobody else has 95% of their deposits from venture capital. That cash goes away and has to be replaced with new deposits. Thanks to Covid effects and the post covid economy, there's far less new venture capital investments to replace old. SVB should have been a subsidiary of a larger, more stable bank, instead of a high risk niche institution.

Reactions: zingerdawg
They spent a lot of time on ESG and skimped on portfolio management. Having no officer in charge of that area for 9 months is seriously incompetent. Add to that 8 straight rate increases from the Fed, yet this bank sat on mortgage backed securities and T-Bills with the majority of their funds. Investors have been warned about SVB for the past year. Regulators did not intervene until it was too late.

This was not a typical bank. Nobody else has 95% of their deposits from venture capital. That cash goes away and has to be replaced with new deposits. Thanks to Covid effects and the post covid economy, there's far less new venture capital investments to replace old. SVB should have been a subsidiary of a larger, more stable bank, instead of a high risk niche institution.
This is one for me, I don’t know where I stand or how I feel about it. Businesses fail. The way they ran their bank was certainly risky. I feel for the deposits. Investors are one thing, depositers are another. I am not a banker, but even I know their spending spree was stupid. They were doing ridiculously well. Most banks understand preparing for rainy days. The bubble bursting in 08 was kind of unprecedented for most that went thru it. Massively quick inflation caught them flat footed. They won’t be the only ones. These guys were literally rolling in dough. Hard to believe they managed to screw up so quickly

This is one for me, I don’t know where I stand or how I feel about it. Businesses fail. The way they ran their bank was certainly risky. I feel for the deposits. Investors are one thing, depositers are another. I am not a banker, but even I know their spending spree was stupid. They were doing ridiculously well. Most banks understand preparing for rainy days. The bubble bursting in 08 was kind of unprecedented for most that went thru it. Massively quick inflation caught them flat footed. They won’t be the only ones. These guys were literally rolling in dough. Hard to believe they managed to screw up so quickly
Just a thought…

Well I guess .

1930s-1980- a World War which led to exponential growth and Vietnam as well
2010-2018 - we were still recovering from 2008
2018- even Democrats cheered the rules being rolled back as the Frank rules were not good and were strangling small banks out of being able to lend
2023- The Fed raised rates due to over spending by an Administration led by a bunch of Instagram influencers and morons making bonds previously purchased worthless . SVB was solvent 10 days ago.

Yea. That is an over simplification. At some point the regulations had to be lifted, and no bank was lending money or doing anything but trying to survive for most of 2010-2018. They were also doing just fine with all Of our bailout money.

I can simplify it for you too. 2010-2018. No bank crisis. Although a bunch of banks failed.

2016-2020 no bank crisis

2020-2023- a dipstick is running the country and we had a bank crisis. The dots are really easy to connect. Even someone suffering from severe tds should be able to realize he isn’t the president currently. But blaming anyone but Biden will be the left wing media talking point. Despite it being complete bs.

Biden said he would undue everything trump did. How did that workout? He didn’t undo this because democrats supported lifting the regulations as well. It was time we let banks sink or swim again.

There is going to be worse coming down the tracks from Delaware dipstick. Just wait

Their assets went from like 2 billion to 120 billion in no time. They gave their money away to a bunch of charity cases. Which is a super progressive gesture. They are run by nice people. But do this then come back and fail a few years later, nice or not who is really to blame. It is hard to fix stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: WyoDawg307
Yea. That is an over simplification. At some point the regulations had to be lifted, and no bank was lending money or doing anything but trying to survive from 2010-2018. They were also doing just fine with all Of our bailout money.

I can simplify it for you too. 2010-2018. No bank failures.

2016-2020 no bank failures.

2020-2023- a dipstick is running the country and we had a bank failure. The dots are really easy to connect. Even someone suffering from severe tds should be able to realize he isn’t the president currently. But blaming anyone but Biden will be the left wing media talking point. Despite it being complete bs.

Biden said he would undue everything trump did. How did that workout? He didn’t undo this because democrats supported lifting the regulations as well. It was time we let banks sink or swim again.

There is going to be worse coming down the tracks from Delaware dipstick. Just wait
You might want to fact check yourself on the assertion that there were no bank failures during the Trump administration. There were sixteen.

Yea. That is an over simplification. At some point the regulations had to be lifted, and no bank was lending money or doing anything but trying to survive from 2010-2018. They were also doing just fine with all Of our bailout money.

I can simplify it for you too. 2010-2018. No bank failures.

2016-2020 no bank failures.

2020-2023- a dipstick is running the country and we had a bank failure. The dots are really easy to connect. Even someone suffering from severe tds should be able to realize he isn’t the president currently. But blaming anyone but Biden will be the left wing media talking point. Despite it being complete bs.

I used to be a banker and know a little bit about asset/liability management. It's not Biden's fault. It's not Trump's fault. Bank regulators are generally not very smart people, so expecting them to figure this out in advance is a pipe dream. It's the bank's fault. You don't load up on long term paper when interest rates are low and the Fed has said they are going to raise rates. Especially when you have had unsustainable deposit growth. And yes, a good bit of that deposit growth was due to various kinds of "stimulus", which was done under our past two presidents along with easy money under the Fed under our past two presidents. But a newly minted college graduate in finance knows it is playing with fire to load up on long dated, low yielding securities. But the bank was (like lots of investors at the time) searching for yield and unlike individual investors, couldn't invest in the stock market so they did what they did and this is the consequence. Like many of their private equity clients, Silicon Bank management was arrogant and thought their party would never end. Am not sure how to solve this. More regulation unlikely to make a difference, regulation is always put in to solve the last crisis after it is over. You could regulate banks even more like a utility and ensure they take little risk but that is not good for their clients. And while I never thought I would ever say this, maybe you do have to claw back bonuses from the CFO and CEO, as they were smart enough to know better and send a message to other bank executives that you can't take undue risk on the taxpayers dollar to achieve your bonus targets and drive shareholder return. And to be clear, never mind what Biden said yesterday, the tax payer will ultimately bear the burden if there is a loss from paying out all uninsured deposits. They will charge a big fee to the banks and the banks will raise fees or rates in a way no one can see it and recoup the fee.

You might want to fact check yourself on the assertion that there were no bank failures during the Trump administration. There were sixteen.

I was working off your tweet will!! Smh. Fact check yourself. Just change failures to crisis. All better now.

I used to be a banker and know a little bit about asset/liability management. It's not Biden's fault. It's not Trump's fault. Bank regulators are generally not very smart people, so expecting them to figure this out in advance is a pipe dream. It's the bank's fault. You don't load up on long term paper when interest rates are low and the Fed has said they are going to raise rates. Especially when you have had unsustainable deposit growth. And yes, a good bit of that deposit growth was due to various kinds of "stimulus", which was done under our past two presidents along with easy money under the Fed under our past two presidents. But a newly minted college graduate in finance knows it is playing with fire to load up on long dated, low yielding securities. But the bank was (like lots of investors at the time) searching for yield and unlike individual investors, couldn't invest in the stock market so they did what they did and this is the consequence. Like many of their private equity clients, Silicon Bank management was arrogant and thought their party would never end. Am not sure how to solve this. More regulation unlikely to make a difference, regulation is always put in to solve the last crisis after it is over. You could regulate banks even more like a utility and ensure they take little risk but that is not good for their clients. And while I never thought I would ever say this, maybe you do have to claw back bonuses from the CFO and CEO, as they were smart enough to know better and send a message to other bank executives that you can't take undue risk on the taxpayers dollar to achieve your bonus targets and drive shareholder return. And to be clear, never mind what Biden said yesterday, the tax payer will ultimately bear the burden if there is a loss from paying out all uninsured deposits. They will charge a big fee to the banks and the banks will raise fees or rates in a way no one can see it and recoup the fee.
Yes. I posted in this thread the same exact thing above. I agree one hundred percent. They gave a bunch of money away in the good times. The bank did for the community. Which is great, but when those woiod have been the necessary reserves needed, you can’t not question that. You win the lottery. Give half your money to charity. You go bankrupt. What could be brought into question? Yet least you are a nice guy. It is the banks fault and no one else’s. People are just looking to blame someone.

Man you certainly have a way with facts and figures. There were 490 bank failures from 2009-2015. Trump having 16 seems quite minor and not really relevant.

Reactions: Section220Dawg
Man you certainly have a way with facts and figures. There were 490 bank failures from 2009-2015. Trump having 16 seems quite minor and not really relevant.
People around here love to completely ignore historical context when it doesn’t support their political hot-takes.

Obama inherited a global financial system and economy that was a hair’s breadth from total collapse. We are talking a meltdown that the average person can’t even conceptualize and that may have very well compared to or exceeded the Great Depression.

The many bank failures you listed were part of the multi-year cleanup.

All I did was correct the assertion that the lie factory Fox is currently promulgating which is that zero banks failed under Trump.
I was working off your tweet will!! Smh. Fact check yourself. Just change failures to crisis. All better now.
While I know my post was a highly simplistic view, banking failures and a systemic banking crisis are totally different things right?

Yes. I posted in this thread the same exact thing above. I agree one hundred percent. They gave a bunch of money away in the good times. The bank did for the community. Which is great, but when those woiod have been the necessary reserves needed, you can’t not question that. You win the lottery. Give half your money to charity. You go bankrupt. What could be brought into question? Yet least you are a nice guy. It is the banks fault and no one else’s. People are just looking to blame someone.
I missed your post, above, fully agree on most of it. That said, the woke policies are a side show and have nothing to do with the stupidity of bank management here. Based on his public statements, Jamie Dimon may be one of the more woke bankers, but he is also probably the best risk manager among large bank CEO's, Most do the woke thing to appease certain constituencies, mostly political. Few believe a word they are saying, but do it anyway as they think they must.

Reactions: zingerdawg
People around here love to completely ignore historical context when it doesn’t support their political hot-takes.

Obama inherited a global financial system and economy that was a hair’s breadth from total collapse. We are talking a meltdown that the average person can’t even conceptualize and that may have very well compared to or exceeded the Great Depression.

All I did was correct the assertion that the lie factory Fox is currently promulgating which is that zero banks failed under Trump.

While I know my post was a highly simplistic view, banking failures and a systemic banking crisis are totally different things right?
You posted it. And each time you do it gets worse. For Biden. There are always going to be business failures. That includes banks. Until one that hurts enough people that it makes the news. Then it is a crisis. Can’t believe that left hasn’t blamed it on bush? Banks were begging that some of these regulations be lifted. This is why the correction time was so slow under Obama. Both sides voted for the lift. (Mainly because of the job additions that come with it makes them look good)

Last edited:

Who brought up Fox? Are you saying that MSNBC and the rest of the losers tell the truth? Come on Jack! :)

Agree with everything here down to the very last part - especially clawing back last minute bonuses from executive suite officers. The funding to pay depositor losses is already there and I'm sure bank rates will continue to reflect it. That is already "baked in" the system. If we are to believe reports, there are enough assets from SVB to cover most of the depositor losses.

Barney Frank said yesterday that the portion of Dodd-Frank regulations lightened by the Trump administration wouldn't have helped SVB. More regulation wasn't going to fix a flawed, high risk business structure.

Agree with everything here down to the very last part - especially clawing back last minute bonuses from executive suite officers. The funding to pay depositor losses is already there and I'm sure bank rates will continue to reflect it. That is already "baked in" the system. If we are to believe reports, there are enough assets from SVB to cover most of the depositor losses.

Barney Frank said yesterday that the portion of Dodd-Frank regulations lightened by the Trump administration wouldn't have helped SVB. More regulation wasn't going to fix a flawed, high risk business structure.
In % terms, the loss to uninsured depositors here would have been very small or maybe none. But it would have taken time to prove that out and the powers that be decided to calm the markets (temporarily at least) and prevent a run on other banks (temporarily at least) and make all deposits guaranteed and available. They were not going to stomach the risk of an immediate run or daily media reports of VC employees who can't pay their bills or get laid off because the VC can't make payroll. I have zero confidence the "investigation" will get to the root of the problem.

Reactions: Zonadog
I missed your post, above, fully agree on most of it. That said, the woke policies are a side show and have nothing to do with the stupidity of bank management here. Based on his public statements, Jamie Dimon may be one of the more woke bankers, but he is also probably the best risk manager among large bank CEO's, Most do the woke thing to appease certain constituencies, mostly political. Few believe a word they are saying, but do it anyway as they think they must.

Exhibit A

Reactions: WyoDawg307
Exhibit A of sideshow, not substance

Charlie Kirk is about as bad as It gets for misleading information, probably worse than MSNBC and Fox News combined (plus CNN)

My hunch is that facts are is they gave $1 million to BLM, $40 million related to climate, communities or anything else that sounds left wing and the balance was pledged and never paid And that is where the number comes from

Sideshow for politics, has zero to do with the bank failure

Reactions: jbpayne32
This is Obamas 3rd term. He is just community organizing and pulling the strings without talking like barry white.

Instead we get a guy who is worse off than when my grandpa had Alzheimer's. He walks like hes in the christmas production of the nutcracker and falling up the stairs every week.

This is all purposefully destruction anyhow. There are alot of EDUCATED people who vote dem. even members here. However education, doesn't equal IQ or EQ.

What dems are good at is allowing evil people to do evil things and getting their votes.
great post

Exhibit A of sideshow, not substance

Charlie Kirk is about as bad as It gets for misleading information, probably worse than MSNBC and Fox News combined (plus CNN)

My hunch is that facts are is they gave $1 million to BLM, $40 million related to climate, communities or anything else that sounds left wing and the balance was pledged and never paid And that is where the number comes from

Sideshow for politics, has zero to do with the bank failure
I don’t disagree that Charlie has had some bad moments. However, he lists his source in the first comment below his tweet. Not sure if true, but he didn’t make it up, and it came from a legit place. Also, there are four more corroborating reports elsewhere in the tweet. It isn’t the reason the bank failed. It wouod be nice if this money couod be given to those who lost however. The dnc is retuning 1.2 mill of their donations. Let see if blm follows suit and gives any of that back. Fwiw.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree that Charlie has had some bad moments. However, he lists his source in the first comment below his tweet. Not sure if true, but he didn’t make it up, and it came from a legit place. Also, there are four more corroborating reports elsewhere in the tweet. It isn’t the reason the bank failed. It wouod be nice if this money couod be given to those who lost however. The dnc is retuning 1.2 mill of their donations. Let see if blm follows suit and gives any of that back. Fwiw.
I did follow the link to the source, and it contains a bunch of links to bank documents from 2020-2023 and it is a combination of basically everything the bank pledged or gave under ESG, CRA, Climate, Affordable Housing or almost any community umbrella including small business loans. There were like 8 links in all when you go to his source. and while there is no itemized accounting of their math, It appears to combine a bunch of that stuff as "Related to BLM". And while I did not go through every page and every link, I failed to find anything that suggested they contributed directly to BLM.

Did some of those contributions sound left wing? Absolutely.

The "source" is a data base of 100+ US companies showing what each allegedly contributed to "BLM and Related Causes"

Kind of like what some of us have been saying about the AJC. Clickbait journalism. Flashy headline.

I did follow the link to the source, and it contains a bunch of links to bank documents from 2020-2023 and it is a combination of basically everything the bank pledged or gave under ESG, CRA, Climate, Affordable Housing or almost any community umbrella including small business loans. There were like 8 links in all when you go to his source. and while there is no itemized accounting of their math, It appears to combine a bunch of that stuff as "Related to BLM". And while I did not go through every page and every link, I failed to find anything that suggested they contributed directly to BLM.

Did some of those contributions sound left wing? Absolutely.

The "source" is a data base of 100+ US companies showing what each allegedly contributed to "BLM and Related Causes"

Kind of like what some of us have been saying about the AJC. Clickbait journalism. Flashy headline.

Reactions: richb1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT