ADVERTISEMENT

Independence Day Version - What Are You Eating / Drinking/ Listening To

gottabulldawgnamedmunson

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2003
First off, I just hit my 20 year DawgVent Anniversary. It’s been a fun ride! It’s actually been closer to 25 years total, but 2003 was when I started ponying up money for it.

Anyhow, I’m surprised no one has started this thread already, but here we go….

Baby Backs on my Weber Kettle. Took me a long time to master the fine art of smoking ribs on a Weber, but the pandemic and its extra free time helped me to dial it in. (The ‘snake’ method was the game changer.)

Sides consist of homemade slaw and some baked beans. Friends bringing dessert.

Drinking an IPA sampler from Mother Earth Brewing out of Kinston, NC.

Listening to a 7 hour playlist I put together yesterday. It features a heavy dose of Athens bands (DBT, Futurebirds, the Glands, etc.), along with some classic rock stuff (Rolling Stones, The Band), some old school R&B (Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, Aretha Franklin), and some other indie rock / Americana type stuff (Shakey Graves, Hiss Golden Messenger, My Morning Jacket, Blitzen Trapper, Caamp, Tedeschi Trucks, Leon Bridges, John Prine, etc.).

Music is truly one of our country’s gifts to the world, isn’t it?!

Posting while sweating my ass off and contemplating joining the neighbor’s kids on their slip and slide. Happy Fourth, y’all! Less than two months until we begin the quest for a freakin’ three-peat. How ‘Bout Them Dawgs!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News