Interesting Coach Abe comment about player development

WRDefenderDog

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2009
North Augusta, SC
After last night’s game…

Georgia Head Coach Katie Abrahamson-Henderson

On switching to a full court press in the second half...

“I mean number 5 for Auburn was killing us in the half court press. We were trying to rattle them a little bit and get them to turn the ball over a little bit more and give them a different look pretty much.”

On what her message was to the team about Auburn’s physicality... “

“Handle it. We knew they were going to be physical. We have our scout guys do it every single day, and they were complaining about them doing that in practice. I was like, ‘well, they're doing it now and so we can handle it in the
game.’ I thought we did a good job handling their physicality today though.”

On what the seniors mean to the team...

“Malury (Bates) is just amazing. She's a great teammate, great person and
she’s played for six years now. She's been to four NCAA tournaments, and I told her, ‘well, you’re probably going to take us to five now so that's
awesome.’ Obviously, the players that were here that are seniors now, they took a chance on us and stayed. I had some team meetings with them right when I got here and just kind of told them my vision, what I saw in them as players, how they would fit into our system and they all really evolved into those players that I kind of told them how they're going to play. It's just been awesome.

👀

I wish I had more time to coach them because I feel like every single one of them has gotten better just in the short amount of time that we've been here. If I could have more time with them, I think they would kind of look like Diamond (Battles) and Brittney (Smith).
Diamond and Brittney didn’t look like this when they were freshmen, they
just evolved into really great players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News