ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting depth chart comparison UGA vs Bama next season

UGAfanindosta

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
We all know about the large number of talented players that we are losing to the NFL draft again this year and how Bama will lose some very highly regarded players in Bryce Young and Will Anderson. What I found interesting is the significantly larger number of true freshman that Bama has listed in their 2-deep (I know Ourlads is not an official depth chart but is typically pretty close). We have 2 players, Damon Wilson and Joenel Aguero slotted as being the backup at their respective positions. Bama has 11 players listed as either starter or backup which means that a true freshman occupies 1/4 of their 2-deep. I know that they brought in a talented class and that some of them will play at a high level but that is a very large number to be relying on for contributions as a freshman. When you add in two new coordinators, the loss of Bryce Young, an underperforming offensive line, and an underwhelming WR/TE corps there are a lot of signs that point to a rebuilding year, yet again in Tuscaloosa.

Georgia Depth Chart:

Bama Depth Chart:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News