ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Isaiah Gibson

LanceMcCurley

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Aug 14, 2023
Athens, Ga.
I just caught up with Georgia commit Isaiah Gibson after his team’s scrimmage against Peach County . I saw a different side of him tonight.

Peach County defeated Warner Robins 23-10 in a scrimmage, and Gibson was not happy. He showed a lot of emotion after the game. He wasn’t happy with his and the team’s performance. Gibson was the last one out of the locker room. During our conversation, he talked about how the coaches at Georgia wouldn’t be proud of his performance, despite me seeing him dominate. A coach of his told me tonight Georgia is getting a “true leader” in him and I saw that on full display tonight.

Gibson was in town last weekend for the cookout, and he enjoyed himself. He loves Athens, mainly because of Kirby Smart and Childera Uzo-Diribe. He was a little upset that he couldn’t see Smart this week as Georgia’s head coach was in town watching his son play in a Little League series tournament. Gibson told me he committed in Smart’s office back during his official visit. He has always wanted to play for Smart. The two have a great relationship, dating back to when he was in the eighth grade.

Griffin also spent time with five-star defensive tackle Justus Terry, hammering him to “come home.” He reiterated he has the same message for fellow five-star Elijah Griffin. Gibson will be in their ear until the “ink dries” on Early Signing Day in December.

Gibson will enroll early and doesn’t hear much from other schools. But is fully bought in. Seems like he has shut it completely down. He said the potential of the 2026 defensive line at UGA with him, Terry, and Griffin will put the Bulldogs in championship contention for the “foreseeable future.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.