ADVERTISEMENT

It just doesn’t add up...

QueGA

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
I just wish we actually knew the truth. And we may never. @Radi Nabulsi says one thing (this is shocking, the job was Newman’s, he had a sizable lead), and guys like @jasonsDawg say otherwise (it was not surprising, JT was brought here to play and he’s the guy).

Both of those can’t be true.

I’m so tired of doing this with QBs, particularly extremely talented, dual-threat QBs. I just don’t get it.

It also continues to make me question Kirby’s approach/process with QBs. Not naming a starter - “the plan is, there is no plan” - seems to be plausible as a reason Newman opted out. I just can’t get over this thought: Why on earth would you bring Newman in and not emphatically make it clear to him and the whole world that he’s the starter???? You’re going to bring him in and not play him as a grad transfer?! Explain to me how that makes sense...or how it helps recruiting for that matter.

There’s no reason to hold to the “every position is always under competition” thing if it causes elite players, and particularly QBs, to leave when we won’t be straight up with them. Why do we do that?? Is George Pickens “competing” for a starting position? No. So is it necessary to say “every position is up for grabs”?

Did Newman lead the QB race, as staff members here say he did, or did he not? Why would he leave if he did? Is it really Covid-uncertainties related? A lot of people are saying otherwise... Does he really think his draft grade doesn’t need to be improved by a strong season? That doesn’t seem right either...

So many questions. Any insiders/staff want to help set the record straight and try to bring things to a consensus?

*NOTE: I love Kirby, I’m a huge fan, and I’m grateful he’s our HC. I just think the jury is still out on him putting together a great offense, and this is obviously related to that.

Last edited:
This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News