ADVERTISEMENT

It just keeps going…

jbpayne32

Letterman and National Champion
Dec 29, 2014

Yet 71% of Republicans think the economy is getting worse…definitely not a real party. Definitely a cult. 100% of Republicans here keep complaining about the economy despite 3.3% Q1 GDP growth and 3.7% unemployment.

Reactions: PharmDawg08

Yet 71% of Republicans think the economy is getting worse…definitely not a real party. Definitely a cult. 100% of Republicans here keep complaining about the economy despite 3.3% Q1 GDP growth and 3.7% unemployment.

You Dems are a bunch of idiots if you think the average American is buying your BS. They know that you are doctoring the books.

Those jobs added are part time, shit jobs for the most part. Consumer Spending falling off but you won’t see that in the Biden figures either.

Nice try but you’re worse at this than the govt is at hiding the real picture

Moose already put this in the trash bin. lol. Believe what you want. This admin can’t spell truth. It is insane. The current president said sanctuary cities all turn into dumps in 2008. Fast forward and he is bleeding sanctuary cities dry.

"We had a blowout jobs report – more than twice the consensus expectation. Now, I know many of my conservative friends are trying to drill holes in this report. But you know what, folks? It is what it is. It’s a very strong report. Not every economic stat should be viewed through a political lens. I’ve been in this business a very long time, and sometimes you just have to throw away the ballot box and just recognize the numbers. They are what they are. This was a very strong report" ~ Larry Kudlow

You guys would root for a natural disaster if you thought it would hurt Biden's reelection bid.

If it stopped at republicans you would have a point. Problem is that democrats, particularly the working man, feels the same. There is a disconnect between this raw data and the experience of most Americans. You can’t eat GDP. Bottom line - no one can buy a house. Interest rates are stupid high. Rents are stupid high. Groceries are stupid high. Trying to jam stats down the throats of frustrated Americans onlh pisses them off. Keep it up. People were markedly more happy in 2019.

Moose already put this in the trash bin. lol. Believe what you want. This admin can’t spell truth. It is insane. The current president said sanctuary cities all turn into dumps in 2008. Fast forward and he is bleeding sanctuary cities dry.
Sounds like these jobs are temporary and they are hiring more foreigners than Americans. This is just another example of Biden’s destroying our country. Probably the jobs are flipping burgers somewhere.

I work for a 3000 person company. In the state of the company they don’t think the economy is great and the industry I am in agrees.

This is just a real analysis. It isn’t political.

The people who drive the economy with investment aren’t spending right now. I doubt they are all republicans afraid to invest.

People I know in home finance aren’t seeing home purchasing.

These are just real facts.

If it stopped at republicans you would have a point. Problem is that democrats, particularly the working man, feels the same. There is a disconnect between this raw data and the experience of most Americans. You can’t eat GDP. Bottom line - no one can buy a house. Interest rates are stupid high. Rents are stupid high. Groceries are stupid high. Trying to jam stats down the throats of frustrated Americans onlh pisses them off. Keep it up. People were markedly more happy in 2019.
Yes. I keep trying to explain this. Do democrats on this board not ever have contact with every day people. The pay check to pay check people are scrambling. There are branch managers at banks taking second jobs just to pay normal bills. I spoke with one. Teachers. My own daughter had no chance to live normally on that income. With a masters degree. I talk to construction workers who say there is no chance. One picked up a paper route. So he goes to sling papers at 3 in the morning. Done by 7. On the job site by 8. Rent is so high. Car prices are so high. Groceries. Gas. Insurance. State Farm just lost 30 billion in two years because of inflation. What do you think rates are doing there. Home and auto. Property taxes have sky rocketed. So I talk to people daily whose mortgage payments in two years is over 100 dollars a month higher in most cases. I hope the admin keeps thinking just like the Payne. No issue here. All is well. Nope.

There are people renting storage units and living in them. Homelessness is crazy. States are begging for help because of immigrants and how much they cost monthly. Post all the numbers you want. Things aren’t good.

animal-house-kevin-bacon.gif

Yes. I keep trying to explain this. Do democrats on this board not ever have contact with every day people. The pay check to pay check people are scrambling. There are branch managers at banks taking second jobs just to pay normal bills. I spoke with one. Teachers. My own daughter had no chance to live normally on that income. With a masters degree. I talk to construction workers who say there is no chance. One picked up a paper route. So he goes to sling papers at 3 in the morning. Done by 7. On the job site by 8. Rent is so high. Car prices are so high. Groceries. Gas. Insurance. State Farm just lost 30 billion in two years because of inflation. What do you think rates are doing there. Home and auto. Property taxes have sky rocketed. So I talk to people daily whose mortgage payments in two years is over 100 dollars a month higher in most cases. I hope the admin keeps thinking just like the Payne. No issue here. All is well. Nope.

There are people renting storage units and living in them. Homelessness is crazy. States are begging for help because of immigrants and how much they cost monthly. Post all the numbers you want. Things aren’t good.

animal-house-kevin-bacon.gif
The fed would do well to listen to real folks and understand the inherent flaws in their survey-based data. They need to be cutting rates now. But won’t. And will have to cut a lot more once the shit clearly hits the fan. As always a dollar short and a day late.

"We had a blowout jobs report – more than twice the consensus expectation. Now, I know many of my conservative friends are trying to drill holes in this report. But you know what, folks? It is what it is. It’s a very strong report. Not every economic stat should be viewed through a political lens. I’ve been in this business a very long time, and sometimes you just have to throw away the ballot box and just recognize the numbers. They are what they are. This was a very strong report" ~ Larry Kudlow

You guys would root for a natural disaster if you thought it would hurt Biden's reelection bid.

Do you really believe the jobless rate is 3.7%? Do you see job growth a part of a thriving economy?

Tell your friend who is making $18 an hour at Huey Maggie chicken how much you enjoy your $40 fast food dinner.

By the way, if a person doesn’t look for a job, after four weeks they aren’t counted in the stats.

The unemployment rate is only the percentage of workforce looking for a job within the last week.

The stats mean nothing.

Last edited:
I work for a 3000 person company. In the state of the company they don’t think the economy is great and the industry I am in agrees.

This is just a real analysis. It isn’t political.

The people who drive the economy with investment aren’t spending right now. I doubt they are all republicans afraid to invest.

People I know in home finance aren’t seeing home purchasing.

These are just real facts.
They just had a big layoff at Geico in Macon. My granddaughter in law is not too happy with Biden’s economic policies right now.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
The fed would do well to listen to real folks and understand the inherent flaws in their survey-based data. They need to be cutting rates now. But won’t. And will have to cut a lot more once the shit clearly hits the fan. As always a dollar short and a day late.
You are so right. I get a lot of my business off referrals. So many have retired from that business. Folks I know who are great brokers, did Jack in December and January. Normally slow month but not that slow. There is no refi market. Only equity lines. Which doesn’t pay as much. You can sell, but only to buy higher with a higher interest rate. Some wanted to sell and hold the money. Renting. Good luck with that now. Because rent is so high everywhere. I have four customers who retired in the last three years now back to work. It is incredible how out of touch with reality people are.

Last edited:

Don't tell me the economy is doing well.

Rent is $1500 per month in my area

A house that sold for 149k, 7 yr ago, just sold for 289k. You cannot find a basic 3BR 2 bath home, for less than 200k

A double wide trailer will run over 175k easily.

I priced a basic 1500 Sq ft, stick built house this week.......230k

When these are your options for housing, the economy is a problem

Don't tell me the economy is doing well.

Rent is $1500 per month in my area

A house that sold for 149k, 7 yr ago, just sold for 289k. You cannot find a basic 3BR 2 bath home, for less than 200k

A double wide trailer will run over 175k easily.

I priced a basic 1500 Sq ft, stick built house this week.......230k

When these are your options for housing, the economy is a problem
A $230k house with a $1,600 a month payment, which is affordable to two working adults making a COMBINED $40k a year is your demarcation line that the economy isn’t working? That’s two people making $10 an hour each buying a house together. You might be insane.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
OP, if you believe this economy is good then you’re not participating in it!!
Guess you’re part of the 71% that has literally no economic education or is so polarized they can’t see a good economy from a bad one. Bless your heart!

• Haha
Reactions: sallen4250
A $230k house with a $1,600 a month payment, which is affordable to two working adults making a COMBINED $40k a year is your demarcation line that the economy isn’t working? That’s two people making $10 an hour each buying a house together. You might be insane.
It isn’t affordable. 40k bring home is about 2500 a month after taxes. Is this a typo or am I missing something? And where did he say that? If I am mis reading your post I apologize. If I am not, you literally couldn’t be more wrong.

If you are saying 40k after taxes that is 3300 a month. That is on the brink. One banana peel and you are done. You can’t both buy cars either.

Remedial budgeting. 1600 for the house. 500 for utilities. Forget having cable.
2100. Two cars. 400 dollar payment. Really low. 2500. Insurance for the cars 200 per month. 2700 dollars. Gas for said cars 400 per month. 3100 dollars. Forget eating I guess. No groceries. No entertainment. No health insurance. Better not have a student loan payment. A cell phone. Hope you don’t have to buy furniture. Forget having kids. If trans, forget cutting it off. I am leaving out tons of things here as well. No where close to being affordable in reality. Shit. Under those circumstances if your car breaks down you better just leave it on the side of the road. Payne if you truly believe this you are completely out of touch with reality. Which completely proves my point. WOW!!

Last edited:
It isn’t affordable. 40k bring home is about 2500 a month after taxes. Is this a typo or am I missing something? And where did he say that? If I am mis reading your post I apologize. If I am not, you literally couldn’t be more wrong.

If you are saying 40k after taxes that is 3300 a month. That is on the brink. One banana peel and you are done. You can’t both buy cars either.

Remedial budgeting. 1600 for the house. 500 for utilities. Forget having cable.
2100. Two cars. 400 dollar payment. Really low. 2500. Insurance for the cars 200 per month. 2700 dollars. Gas for said cars 400 per month. 3100 dollars. Forget eating I guess. No groceries. No entertainment. No health insurance. Better not have a student loan payment. A cell phone. Hope you don’t have to buy furniture. Forget having kids. If trans, forget cutting it off. I am leaving out tons of things here as well. No where close to being affordable in reality. Shit. Under those circumstances if your car breaks down you better just leave it on the side of the road. Payne if you truly believe this you are completely out of touch with reality. Which completely proves my point. WOW!!
People qualify for mortgages on gross income, so it’s tight but completely doable. Also, two people both working full time aren’t making $10 an hour, it’s more, but the point is that you can completely qualify for a house making $10 an hour, which is as close as you can get to poverty. I appreciate you going through the math, but the point is that two people making about as little as you can make with a job in this economy can still afford a house. Is it ideal? No, but the equity they could make makes it worth the risk.

People qualify for mortgages on gross income, so it’s tight but completely doable. Also, two people both working full time aren’t making $10 an hour, it’s more, but the point is that you can completely qualify for a house making $10 an hour, which is as close as you can get to poverty. I appreciate you going through the math, but the point is that two people making about as little as you can make with a job in this economy can still afford a house. Is it ideal? No, but the equity they could make makes it worth the risk.
You said 40k. No. Unless they have absolutely no debt going in. And in no way can they afford this net. Ever. If you let someone taking home 2500 a month you are the shitiest loan officer ever. Not to mention you have to have at least 3 percent to put down. I know this because my daughter made 43000 dollars last year. I have tons of broker friends. They couldn’t make it work. Hell, she couldn’t pay regular bills making this at 1300 a month rent. Payne. I am not being an ass here. You probably make a nice living. Which is why you have no clue. But this is the problem. People don’t know. I am telling you. Several people in this thread are telling you different. It isn’t about politics. It is just a fact. Things are way out of whack. If you can find anyone to finance you, no way in hell would you not foreclose in six months. Plus, who making 10 dollars an hour has 7500 dollars for a down payment.

Not to mention the front end ratio would likely kick out any loan for someone making that kind of money. 1600. 3400. Is damn near 50 percent. You may get it thru on the back end. But never in the front end. Not to my understanding. I am not a loan officer, but I know the front end is 27-35 percent at best. Go look at an fha calculator. 36000 says the most house you can afford is 900 per month.

Last edited:
You said 40k. No. Unless they have absolutely no debt going in. And in no way can they afford this net. Ever. If you let someone taking home 2500 a month you are the shitiest loan officer ever. Not to mention you have to have at least 3 percent to put down. I know this because my daughter made 43000 dollars last year. I have tons of broker friends. They couldn’t make it work. Hell, she couldn’t pay regular bills making this at 1300 a month rent. Payne. I am not being an ass here. You probably make a nice living. Which is why you have no clue. But this is the problem. People don’t know. I am telling you. Several people in this thread are telling you different. It isn’t about politics. It is just a fact. Things are way out of whack. If you can find anyone to finance you, no way in hell would you not foreclose in six months. Plus, who making 10 dollars an hour has 7500 dollars for a down payment.

Not to mention the front end ratio would likely kick out any loan for someone making that kind of money. 1600. 3400. Is damn near 50 percent. You may get it thru on the back end. But never in the front end. Not to my understanding. I am not a loan officer, but I know the front end is 27-35 percent at best. Go look at an fha calculator. 36000 says the most house you can afford is 900 per month.
I am a loan officer and get through 40-45% front ends all the time. Guidelines are up to 57% back end, so is it a good idea? No, but to say that two people making $10 an hour each can buy a house at 6%+ FHA is insane. That’s amazing that those two people could buy a house! Why would you ever have an issue with that?

I am a loan officer and get through 40-45% front ends all the time. Guidelines are up to 57% back end, so is it a good idea? No, but to say that two people making $10 an hour each can buy a house at 6%+ FHA is insane. That’s amazing that those two people could buy a house! Why would you ever have an issue with that?
So it is a good idea for someone taking home 2500 a month to buy a 1600 a month house. You should know what people’s bills are better than anyone. No way in hell can they afford it. They may qualify for it. I know the front end changes. So I wasn’t sure. But either way, affording that house isn’t happening anymore. It would still be incredibly tight on the front end at your ratios.

I don’t have an issue with them buying a house to be clear. But my point is and has been, there is no way in hell they are paying for it. It isn’t even close.

I know you don’t think because they can qualify for it is a great idea. We will have 2008 all over again with stated incomes and the like. People were buying 500000 dollar homes making 70000 between them in reality. Is it great. Sure. But it isn’t smart. I don’t even know what in the hell we are arguing here. What is the point of you have no chance to afford it.

Last edited:
So it is a good idea for someone taking home 2500 a month to buy a 1600 a month house. You should know what people’s bills are better than anyone. No way in hell can they afford it. They may qualify for it. I know the front end changes. So I wasn’t sure. But either way, affording that house isn’t happening anymore. It would still be incredibly tight on the front end at your ratios.

I don’t have an issue with them buying a house to be clear. But my point is and has been, there is no way in hell they are paying for it. It isn’t even close.

I know you don’t think because they can qualify for it is a great idea. We will have 2008 all over again with stated incomes and the like. People were buying 500000 dollar homes making 70000 between them in reality. Is it great. Sure. But it isn’t smart. I don’t even know what in the hell you are arguing here. What is the point of you have no chance to afford it.
People making $40k don’t pay the same taxes, so they likely bring home $35, which is almost $2,900, so is it a good idea to pay $1,600 for a mortgage. Not the worst idea since interest and taxes are deductible… And better than paying $1,600 in rent

Wake me up when wages catch up to inflation…. starting from Biden’s first day to present day.

Last edited:
People making $40k don’t pay the same taxes, so they likely bring home $35, which is almost $2,900, so is it a good idea to pay $1,600 for a mortgage. Not the worst idea since interest and taxes are deductible… And better than paying $1,600 in rent
My daughter is making 15 dollars an hour. I will dm you her check. 400 a month. Barely 2000 a month take home. She made 43000 last year teaching. Taking home 2800. Maybe married would give a tax break, but not much.

2900 and 1600 is 1300 disposable income. That is nothing today. Literally nothing. Utilities and other bills would totally eat that up before you even got to food. This is where we are. After utilities at best you are left with 800-900 dollars. You are toast no matter how you slice it. I really don’t think you have know much it costs to live. You have gas, health insurance, clothes, groceries, supplies, maintenance etc. no way in hell. You would be on food stamps.

Last edited:
My daughter is making 15 dollars an hour. I will dm you her check. 400 a month. Barely 2000 a month take home. She made 43000 last year teaching. Taking home 2800. Maybe married would give a tax break, but not much.

2900 and 1600 is 1300 disposable income. That is nothing today. Literally nothing. Utilities and other bills would totally eat that up before you even got to food. This is where we are. After utilities at best you are left with 800-900 dollars. You are toast no matter how you slice it. I really don’t think you have know much it costs to live. You have gas, health insurance, clothes, groceries, supplies, maintenance etc. no way in hell. You would be on food stamps.
What does she do?

What does she do?
Bank teller right now. She is waiting to get back into school. Had a real bad experience her first year teaching with admin and the like. Thought it was likely her, but They switched schools, and their ineptitude is bubbling to the surface already. Decided that is not what she wants to do. Not to mention, she got her masters degree. Got a job and couldn’t pay normal bills on her own. I went thru all the dad talk. You have to work your way up. It takes time. But kids are stubborn. She will find something she can do that allow her to function on her own. I appreciate that, but it just means I have to pay for it again for her to get there. All I can do is laugh. I could make her pay for it on her own totally, but she isn’t the first person to have a change of heart about their career. I would be a complete hypocrite myself. In reality, I want to help her.

Go look thru tic toc and YouTube. So many kids her age have figured out this issue. Which my generation didn’t have to deal with. Most of them blame us. Who else is there to blame really if we are being honest.

Last edited:
Guess you’re part of the 71% that has literally no economic education or is so polarized they can’t see a good economy from a bad one. Bless your heart!
For anyone to say this economy and how our government ridiculously spends our tax dollars is good, a political ideologist has spoken.

Now do all the same math using 2020 rents, interest rates, housing prices, etc.

There’s a reason people don’t give a shit about your GDP stats. Do the math and you will see why. If you are a loan officer you are lying through your teeth if you think things are better today.

Bank teller right now. She is waiting to get back into school. Had a real bad experience her first year teaching with admin and the like. Thought it was likely her, but They switched schools, and their ineptitude is bubbling to the surface already. Decided that is not what she wants to do. Not to mention, she got her masters degree. Got a job and couldn’t pay normal bills on her own. I went thru all the dad talk. You have to work your way up. It takes time. But kids are stubborn. She will find something she can do that allow her to function on her own. I appreciate that, but it just means I have to pay for it again for her to get there. All I can do is laugh. I could make her pay for it on her own totally, but she isn’t the first person to have a change of heart about their career. I would be a complete hypocrite myself. In reality, I want to help her.

Go look thru tic toc and YouTube. So many kids her age have figured out this issue. Which my generation didn’t have to deal with. Most of them blame us. Who else is there to blame really if we are being honest.
You're a good Dad, support is what they need most....that is really all you can do.

May have mentioned this before, my oldest daughter (26) teaches at a middle school. She is going on 4 years now and seems to love what she is doing, fortunately for her and us. They definitely do not pay enough for teachers nor law enforcement imo. You would think with all of the shortages they would have stepped up with more pay by now.

My youngest graduates college in another few months......it will be another adventure. Can understand exactly what you are going through. It all is a delicate balance, good luck to you.......I am sure it all will work out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT