ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg J.J. McCarthy: OSU stole our signs in 2019 and we had to make it an "even playing field"

Natedawgy_dawg401

Professional Barker
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2018
Athens
Thoughts on this?

"It's so unfortunate because, you know, there's probably, I don't want to say a crazy number, but I'd say 80% of teams in college football steal signs. And you know, it's just a thing about football. It's been around for years.

We actually had to adapt because in 2020 or 2019, when Ohio State was stealing our signs, which is legal and they were doing it the legal way, we had to get up to the level that they were at and make it an even playing field.

But, you know, I just feel like it sucks because, like Mason said, we do work our butts off. We do watch so much film and look for those little tendencies and spend 10-15 minutes on one clip alone, just looking at all the little details of the posture of the LBs or the DE, the safety is off levels or the corner to the field is press but the corner to the boundary is off. Little stuff like that, where it is like ok, you could say it is all sign stealing, but there is a lot more that goes into play. There is a lot of work that gets masked because of the outside perception of what sign stealing is all about.
"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News