ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note J T Daniels note

Radi Nabulsi

Publisher
Staff
Nov 17, 2003
I checked on this news from @BeachDawg20: "JT had a cyclops lesion after his ACL surgery. This is when scar forms on the graft and blocks your range of motion. The second surgery in December was to remove this. It sounds like it is still reoccurring and causing his knee to lock. This could require more surgery"

The cyclops lesion part is correct. BUT, Daniels is not having reoccurring issues nor is his knee locking. Per a well-placed source, his knee is doing great.

Daniels is leading the scout team.

Dash had a good note on Daniels as well. He mentioned again that JT is cleared and folks want to parse that to death. It can be a simple situation where a player is medically cleared to practice and play but has not won the job. Those two things can be true at the same time. "Cleared" doesn't have to mean 100%. You can be medically cleared but still have some limitations, i.e. you could play if needed but you are not the best option at this time. UGA dresses out players all the time that they would only use in an emergency. Sometimes they dress out a player that they know won't play just to keep tjhat information hidden from an opponent.

We can argue semantics all day. But the bottom line to me is that Daniels did have a setback with the issue above, is now cleared, but has not won the starting job. I will pose the question in regards to how important that Alabama game was. Do you really think that if Daniels was the answer that Smart would not have played him? We can argue over why he isn't and throw around dictionary definitions of "cleared" versus "ready" but as it stands.

If Georgia starts to falter down the line, I expect to see a change but for now Bennett is your starter against Kentucky.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News