ADVERTISEMENT

Jen Psaki looks like…

C’mon, man! That’s so unkind. Saw Edgar Winter twice; once with Ronnie Montrose on guitar and the other with Rick Derringer.
I wasn’t trying to insult Edgar. He’s a great musician. I bet those were good shows. Johnny produced Derringer’s Rock n Roll Hoochie Koo. Ronnie Montrose was an amazing guitarist. Montrose the band was one of the best hard rock acts ever. Ronnie and Sammy were a great song writing team.

I wasn’t trying to insult Edgar. He’s a great musician. I bet those were good shows. Johnny produced Derringer’s Rock n Roll Hoochie Koo. Ronnie Montrose was an amazing guitarist. Montrose the band was one of the best hard rock acts ever. Ronnie and Sammy were a great song writing team.
I know. I was just kidding. I also saw Johnny Winter at the old Atlanta City Auditorium. Ronnie was great. My first time being made aware of him was at the Edgar Winter concert.

Last edited:
I know. I was just kidding. I also saw Johnny Winter at the old Atlanta City Auditorium. Ronnie was great. My first time being made aware of him was at that show.
I knew you were kidding around. I’ve seen Johnny a few times. He could flat blister that ol guitar. Never got to see Edgar. I woulda loved to have seen the Edgar Winter Group when you saw them. That musta been the They Only Come Out at Night tour. To think that that music was brand new then! I can’t imagine. I woulda loved to have seen Montrose with Sammy Hagar back then too. That first Montrose album with Bad Motor Scooter and Rock Candy is one of the best hard rock albums of all time.

I knew you were kidding around. I’ve seen Johnny a few times. He could flat blister that ol guitar. Never got to see Edgar. I woulda loved to have seen the Edgar Winter Group when you saw them. That musta been the They Only Come Out at Night tour. To think that that music was brand new then! I can’t imagine. I woulda loved to have seen Montrose with Sammy Hagar back then too. That first Montrose album with Bad Motor Scooter and Rock Candy is one of the best hard rock albums of all time.
That was back when men were men and...well..Rock n Roll was Rock n Roll.

Reactions: Harry Thornton
That was back when men were men and...well..Rock n Roll was Rock n Roll.
Got that right….speaking of Edgar and Johnny reminded me of the time I went to my second concert ever.

It was at the old Georgia Tech coliseum, Black Oak Arkansas was playing.

For the first & only time in my life, I saw an albino (in person). Freaked me out at the time, I could do nothing but stare. He was probably 5 feet in front of me, his eyes were pink…and he was WHITE, with white/blonde hair.

The image is forever singed in my brain…..

Black Oak put on a show that night.

Last edited:
Got that right….speaking of Edgar and Johnny reminded me of the time I went to my second concert ever.

It was at the old Georgia Tech coliseum, Black Oak Arkansas was playing.

For the first time in my life, I saw an albino (in person). Freaked me out at the time, I could do nothing but stare. He was probably 5 feet in front of me, his eyes were pink…and he was WHITE, with white/blonde hair.

The image is forever singed in my brain…..

Black Oak put on a show that night.
Jim Dandy to the rescue... Saw Yes, Doobie Brothers, and Poco at The Tech Coliseum. Those 2 Winter brothers had a lot of musical talent poured into them.

I never believed there was any substance to the whole "soulless ginger" thing. Then I watched a press Q&A with Jen Psaki. absolutely soulless shark eyes and completely at home lying

I know. I was just kidding. I also saw Johnny Winter at the old Atlanta City Auditorium. Ronnie was great. My first time being made aware of him was at the Edgar Winter concert.
I can probably guess who you were with at those concerts.

• Haha
Reactions: savedbygrace
I can probably guess who you were with at those concerts.
I was wondering when you would show! LOL! I actually took my little sister to the Johnny Winter concert on her 14th birthday. Still can't believe my father permitted that. Now, as far as to who was at those concerts with me, you will have to help me out. I do recall Steve Wilson (class of '72) was with me at the Edgar Winter- Montrose show. Beyond that my recall of who was there is terrible. And I don't know why. I did see a lot of shows at the City Auditorium (pre-Omni). ELP, Foghat, Allman Brothers, Rare Earth, Badfinger, and of course Alice Cooper among many. I almost forgot, Traffic. We tried to get tickets to The Who outside of the Auditorium but it was sold out and no one was selling. I did see The Who at the Omni and Skynyrd opened.

You also saw Chicago at Lake Spivey.
One of the all-time great shows. Transformer blew behind stage and took Georgia Power forever to get there because of the massive amount of traffic. They expected 10,000 and an estimated 30,000 showed up. Show began at 12:00 midnight and finished at about 2:am. Back home by 5:00 am. One crazy night. The original Chicago with Terry Kath was awesome. What a mix of talent.

Reactions: JCarbo76
I think she’s unattractive and her daily lying and smug behavior makes her even uglier. Can’t stand to see her face or hear her voice. If this were 1941 we’d have no clue how unprepared we initially were to take on the Axis.

One of the all-time great shows. Transformer blew behind stage and took Georgia Power forever to get there because of the massive amount of traffic. They expected 10,000 and an estimated 30,000 showed up. Show began at 12:00 midnight and finished at about 2:am. Back home by 5:00 am. One crazy night. The original Chicago with Terry Kath was awesome. What a mix of talent.
That was a night to remember for sure. In those days, before cell phones, of course, there was no way to call and check in with your parents. Mine called the CCPD when I didn’t come home, and were immediately told the situation (thank goodness). There were still up when I arrived home and we’re still somewhat mad at me, even though we couldn’t have left, even if we wanted to.

Reactions: savedbygrace
That was a night to remember for sure. In those days, before cell phones, of course, there was no way to call and check in with your parents. Mine called the CCPD when I didn’t come home, and were immediately told the situation (thank goodness). There were still up when I arrived home and we’re still somewhat mad at me, even though we couldn’t have left, even if we wanted to.
I believe my mother saw on the late news what was going on. She was cool with it when I got back home. You are right about leaving. It was our own mini-Woodstock. It was Spivey!

Reactions: JCarbo76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT