ADVERTISEMENT

Jerome

The members of the Fed Reserve should be put out to pasture. I'm not in favor of shutting down the Fed. But their power has become abused and used by politicians for the good of one party (on both sides over the years - only recently the democrats). And this is not a new phenomenon.
JC

I don’t think J-money is politically biased. He thinks he’s doing the right things. He’s not. Our economy is not nearly as interest rate sensitive as it used to be. More modest rate hikes would have done the same thing as their draconian hikes. Now the cuts won’t do all that much either on inflarion. The Fed unnecessarily punished interest rate sensitive segments of the economy.

I don’t think J-money is politically biased. He thinks he’s doing the right things. He’s not. Our economy is not nearly as interest rate sensitive as it used to be. More modest rate hikes would have done the same thing as their draconian hikes. Now the cuts won’t do all that much either on inflarion. The Fed unnecessarily punished interest rate sensitive segments of the economy.
He is politically biased. O'Keefe has an undercover interview with someone at the fed(can't remember name or title) saying Powell wants his legacy to be that he stopped Trump. Everything is political, including the fed.

Reactions: cherrydawg
He is politically biased. O'Keefe has an undercover interview with someone at the fed(can't remember name or title) saying Powell wants his legacy to be that he stopped Trump. Everything is political, including the fed.
Well if there’s one thing that’s gonna put Trump in office it is the one two punch of inflation - which the fed played a large part in being way late to tighten financial conditions, Also these high rates staying high aren’t doing Biden any favors. I don’t think Powell has done a good job but it isn’t because he’s rooting against trump. The Fed ain’t helping Biden at all.

Reactions: MaitlandFloridaDawg
I’m not sure what Powell did to stop Trump. The Fed was accommodative in 2020 to say the least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT