ADVERTISEMENT

Just rambling about the offensive line…

Anthony Dasher

Circle of Honor
Staff
Aug 29, 2007
Winterville, Georgia
Call me crazy, but I but I think this year’s OL will be better than last year’s.
The way I see it now, you’ve got Broderick Jones at LT, Tate Ratledge (assuming he’s a 100 percent) at left guard, Sedrick Van Pran at center, Devin Willock at right guard and Warren McClendon at right tackle.
I think you’re talking more athletic, and in some spots (right guard) bigger and stronger.
Coaches love what Earnest Greene did as an early enrollee, and there’s still time for Amarius Mims to make an impact, though this year he really needs continue focusing on his fundamentals. He should be the top backup to McClendon at RT.
Speaking of which, Warren is one of those linemen who may not initially impress you, but he is technically sound and just keeps getting the job done.
Broderick Jones is still learning the little nuances of playing LT, but from an athletic standpoint, has a chance to be special.
A guy we’ve talked about some, but not a ton is Austin Blaske. His versatility is going to serve the team well. He can play all five positions, but it’s the way he plays the game that has coach’s attention. Blaske plays every snap like he just saw somebody pee on his truck. If Stacy Searels could bottle his intensity and give a daily dose to the rest of his linemen, he would.
I’m just excited about this group. You’ve haven’t seen a lot of accolades for this group yet, but the overall depth might be as good as it’s been since Smart has been here and a testament to the recruiting job that’s been done here.
There’s other guys I didn’t even mention like Micah Morris, who I think the world of who can help this group in a big way. Warren Ericson will still have a big part. Just a lot of options here.
Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News