ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Kam Mikell on UGA visit

JedMay

Pillar of the DawgVent
Staff
May 24, 2021

I've been trading a few messages with Mikell. We're hoping to have a more extensive interview coming soon, but a few notes for now:

• Georgia has pivoted to recruiting Mikell as a receiver, according to him. The exact quote was "They are talking to me about receiver and just how I can catch punts and return as well."
  • Mikell feels his speed and size would translate well to Georgia's offense. He likes the pass concepts the Bulldogs utilize in the offense.
  • Mikell said he didn't spend a lot of time with receivers coach Bryan McClendon, just during pregame and a little before that. His main relationship is still with defensive backs coach Fran Brown, the guy who has been recruiting him the longest. Brown is in contact pretty much every day.
  • Kirby Smart is also bringing up the message of how Mikell could be developed while also staying in the state of Georgia. As we all know, Smart stayed in the state to play his college football as well.

As Lance reported last week, Mikell is planning to commit on Thanksgiving. Going to be an interesting 2.5 weeks ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News