ADVERTISEMENT

Key bridge in Baltimore collapse

willdup

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2002
A terrible loss of life and this will shut down the Port of Baltimore for an extended period of time. It is currently assumed to be an accident (ship lost power twice before impact), but It’s concerning that it’s so easy to cripple our national infrastructure.

We have so much outdated & crumbling infrastructure in this country we should be fixing with our money instead of sending elsewhere in the world to mettle in foreign wars
A very similar argument was made in the lead up to WW2, given we were still in the midst of the Great Depression. And, as we saw during the pandemic, or economy is more reliant on global trade than ever before. Certainly much more so than it was back in the ‘30s and ‘40s.

The broad state of relative global peace we have created through our projection of power for the last seventy years or so has contributed significantly to the unprecedented improvement in our standard of living during that time.

Unconstrained aggression and expansionism does not naturally abate with success. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Last edited:
A very similar argument was made in the lead up to WW2, given we were still in the midst of the Great Depression. And, as we saw during the pandemic, or economy is more reliant on global trade than ever before. Certainly much more so than it was back in the ‘30s and ‘40s.

Unconstrained aggression and expansionism does not naturally abate with success. Quite the opposite, in fact.
WW2 helped pull us out of the Great Depression. I'd argue the business of war in the recent decades and mettling in foreign affairs has contributed greatly to our economic woes this time. Going to war again should not be viewed as our get out of recession pill

Reactions: deadduckdawg
WW2 helped pull us out of the Great Depression. I'd argue the business of war in the recent decades and mettling in foreign affairs has contributed greatly to our economic woes this time. Going to war again should not be viewed as our get out of recession pill
That’s not at all what I’m saying. Isolationism didn’t work in ‘41 and it would fail even more dramatically now, given the global nature of our economy.

Further war in Europe would be a disaster for the US, while signaling to China that they have free rein in Asia.

Reactions: nice marmot
That’s not at all what I’m saying. Isolationism didn’t work in ‘41 and it would fail even more dramatically now, given the global nature of our economy.

Further war in Europe would be a disaster for the US, while signaling to China that they have free rein in Asia.
We don't need isolationism but you must subscribe to the idea Putin intends to invade Europe beyond Ukraine which I do not. I believe once Russia wins in Ukraine which is an inevitability (but being delayed by our involvement), war in Europe will stop.

Last edited:

Saw a report yesterday that stated we are now spending double the amount of our tax receipts. At some point, we are going to either by choice or by necessity knock some leeches off the teat and practice sound financial strategies. That doesn't mean we have to withdraw from international politics but it does mean we shouldn't be the prime source of funding in addressing all of the world's evils. Additionally, we need to be building resources in order to counter the real enemy when they decide to make a move.

A terrible loss of life and this will shut down the Port of Baltimore for an extended period of time. It is currently assumed to be an accident (ship lost power twice before impact), but It’s concerning that it’s so easy to cripple our national infrastructure.

"City, which is already plagued by Social Misery and Violent Crime" I wonder why ?? Sorry to hear of this tragedy nonetheless...

Last edited:
Reactions: Athens is Heaven
It’s concerning that it’s so easy to cripple our national infrastructure.
You weren't concerned when you voted for open borders.
TLD-ad-35.jpg

Then I wonder why we are going broke then? We need to spend our tax money on our country not Ukraine.

Reactions: Georgia Jim
Then I wonder why we are going broke then? We need to spend our tax money on our country not Ukraine.
We are going broke because we no longer export the majority of our products, our dollar is being devalued because of crazy printing & ludicrous payments overseas that imo don't help Americans and then we just print more money

Saw a report yesterday that stated we are now spending double the amount of our tax receipts. At some point, we are going to either by choice or by necessity knock some leeches off the teat and practice sound financial strategies. That doesn't mean we have to withdraw from international politics but it does mean we shouldn't be the prime source of funding in addressing all of the world's evils. Additionally, we need to be building resources in order to counter the real enemy when they decide to make a move.
No worries...the Beasts of Burden called the American taxpayers will be forced to step up and pay up through higher confiscatory taxation and elimination or reduction of benefits like Social SEC., Medicare and other government services.

While we are in debt sending money to other countries without an immediate emergency must stop completely. We can’t hand money to everyone when we have none. China don’t play that game.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT