ADVERTISEMENT

Kirby is different

Blocker57

Letterman
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2015
Raleigh, NC

Adonai Mitchell's twitter pic has his son wearing a UGA shirt. He was clearly pulling for UGA over Texas. Even the guys who leave the program still have love for UGA and Kirby. This is why...

In the post game presser, Kirby was asked about Beck and his issues. Obvious issues. Issues with throwing the ball to the other team. CKS said "I'm not saying he played perfect, but I saw a 3rd and 4th scramble where he put his life and body on the line and made an incredible play. I saw a guy step up on 3rd down, backed up, lost all momentum, and threw a missile to Arian that changed the course of the game. I think he played pretty good." Kirby had his back.

Kirby is a combination of the hardest working coach and one of the smartest psychological coaches in the country. He adapts his approach to maximize his players' potential. Remember how many times Kirby chewed out Stetson? That worked for Stet. He did the same to Richard LeCounte. Those were great times. But he is smart enough to know that approach will not help Beck. He knows how to work with him to maximize Beck's potential. It's extremely smart -- even better than Nick Saban's approach imo... Saban didn't adapt that. Beck wouldve crumbled under Saban.

It's obvious that Kirby has made some questionable hires recently. He knows it and those will be dealt with this spring. However, we have a head coach that will keep us in the national title hunt every year. That's damn near impossible to do, but he is doing it. I still don't know if this team can make it through the playoffs and win a Natty, but no matter how the rest of this season goes, we've got the best possible coach we can have. Enjoy it because things change. He isn't a lifer. Go Dawgs! 100.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.