ADVERTISEMENT

Let's All Look at What the Gators Are Saying After Spring Game...

bhodge0702

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Mar 15, 2021
"Very concerned about the QB play this season."

"QBs suck. Oline double sucks. Defense looked good but it may just be a result of sucky QB and Oline."

"Impressed with Armstrong. Will turn out to be a great hire. He’s like Kirby Junior out there lol"

"QB’s…. Well I won’t stir the pot lol."

"Mertz will be what he was at Wisconsin. Hope that's good enough to win some games."

"Hey, maybe we stumbled upon 2 great DT’s, you couple that with Armstrong looking like a homerun hire and that’s why the OL looked as bad as it did."

"Nothing looked easy in the pass game. There weren’t many plays where the QB took a drop, found an open guy, and threw on target."

"Armstrong seems like a true HR hire.....despite being young.....looks like a young Kirby to me....if we can find a healthy OL and lean on the RB, the O can be solid....not sold on either QB yet"

"What makes zero sense is we are wasting 2 OL coaches and it’s easily either the worst or second worst position behind QB and the recruiting isn’t good at all at OL"

"after listening to my player close to team insider that kept telling me Mertz was the QB and will be a good one, I thought he sucked and Miller looked better."

"let's be honest if fsu, uga, etc looked like this in there spring game everyone here would be laughing"

"Is this the worst offensive performance in a Spring game in some years? Not trolling simply asking?"

"Mertz reads the defense extremely well but as some folks said, he may be overthinking. Miller has the better running ability and just may progress to the point he is our starter over Mertz. I didn't like that Miller locked in on his primary target over and over again. From what we had heard about Mertz I was disappointed. The QB battle is far from over."

"I’m typically a “Sunshine Pumper” and we can all make excuses (OL out, its just a scrimmage, no contact/less intensity, chemistry still gelling, defense was stout, etc.) but to my eye that was ugly offense…"

"So we run the same 10 offensive plays all night, D looks good, the fanbase now thinks Armstrong is the next Kirby Smart...."

"Yes I left The Swamp very worried…seen enough spring games in my time so yes def concerned about this offense"

"I hope he really does add a QB to the roster. What we currently have is not it."

"Weird how all the dumb fans thought our QB room sucked and Mertz was a huge fail. I guess they were just bad fans (and elite talent evaluators)."

"We need someone that can play, start, and be affective now. Neither guy on our roster is that. Mertz accuracy looked off and the offense looked abysmal tonight."

"Not hard to see Mertz struggled all night and was not good at Wisconsin either. Sorry for going off actual results"

"The Qb room is awful.. It’s the most grim, least talented Qb room I can remember at UF."

"Billy must hire an OC and a true QB coach. The offense looks very dated. I feel we could have gotten a better portal QB had that been a thing ."

"Biggest QB issue to me is lack of arm strength.....we actually had guys with great deep separation many times last night and neither QB was close to good enough arm strength wise to hit them....that is a concern to me"

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News