ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Looking for some decent grass

fivenorth

National Champion
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2017
….in my yard.

It is supposed to be fescue but over the past few years of neglect has turned into a patchy dust bowl when dry and a muck pit after a rain.

I paid to have my yard guy aerate and seed a couple years ago but it seemed to do more harm than good.

I’ve seen some ads on social media for at home fertilizer spray on the hose, but am curious how effective those would be if anyone has used them.

Looking for some type of DIY approach, but not sure where to even begin.

Not looking to win yard of the year, just have something decent the young kids can play in.

Help!

Reactions: donalsonville_dawg
….in my yard.

It is supposed to be fescue but over the past few years of neglect has turned into a patchy dust bowl when dry and a muck pit after a rain.

I paid to have my yard guy aerate and seed a couple years ago but it seemed to do more harm than good.

I’ve seen some ads on social media for at home fertilizer spray on the hose, but am curious how effective those would be if anyone has used them.

Not looking to win yard of the year, just have something decent the young kids can play in.

Help!
see @Bowldawg

Wordle 246 2/6

🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

….in my yard.

Help!

Reactions: EufaulaDawg
….in my yard.

Help!
I’d be interested to hear how aerating and seeding did more harm than good.

would you describe your yard as direct sun, mostly shady, etc?

Reactions: JJF84
Fescue has a hard time lasting through Georgia summers. I finally gave up and got Bermuda sod installed. Expensive, but unless you have a totally shady yard you'll end up spending as much trying to maintain fescue.

I’d be interested to hear how aerating and seeding did more harm than good.

Seed seemed to never take believe it or not so I just ended up with a yard full of mud plugs that when I finally gave up and let the kid’s run through a few weeks later caused all kinds of issues.

Sod is the best way to go. Zenith Zoysia is a good option if you have shade. The new UGA bermuda is awesome if you have full Sun. It’s called Tif-Tuff and is drought tolerant and recovers fast from traffic. If you want to do it yourself, Super Sod has both and will deliver right to your home and unload to the area you want it put down. Next step is to figure out how large is the area you want sodded. There is 500 square feet in a pallet of sod.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT