ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of former Dawgs honored tonight at NFF (UGA Chapter) in Athens (and one award that was very shocking)

Dave McMahon

Big Time Stats Guy
Staff
Mar 27, 2008
Tonight, ESPN's Holly Rowe was the featured speaker at the National Football Foundation, UGA Chapter on Monday night. She told some good stories in the beginning and then lost the hundreds in attendance when she talked about Tim Tebow and Dylan Riola. She won the crowd back with her stories of drinking moonshine with Pat Summitt, thanking Jim Donnan and Claude Felton for help as well as having a funny banter with Kevin Butler about the Super Bowl Shuffle... which she rapped Walter Payton's part.

President Jere Morehead won the Contribution to American Football Award.

Charlie Maddox won the Distinguished American Award as did the Journalism's school dean, Charles Davis.

Winners of the J. Reid Parker Post Graduate Achievement Awards were Kevin Butler, Lynn Hunnicutt, Mohamed Massaquoi, Leonard Pope, Greg Talley - and the host of Hawgs and Dawgs right here at UGASports @Russ Tanner.

Sedrick Van Pran-Granger and Ladd McConkey won the Jack Turner Award for the senior football player at UGA whose focus and energy goes behond the playing of his chosen sport.

It was a very nice evening at the Athens Country Club, but at the end I was totally shocked at a special plaque given by Loran Smith to me. I was not expecting it, but I was very honored.

Attachments

• ladd.jpg
    ladd.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 134
  • award.jpg
    award.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards