ADVERTISEMENT

Post of the Day Man, this place...

CMRDawg24

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2017
...sorry for the sentimental thoughts...I swear I've only had a few beers so far.

Maybe it's the season...maybe it's just me trying to procrastinate getting some work stuff done or the final lights put up outside...maybe it's excitement where our Dawgs stand again for the second year in a row...maybe it's just simple reflections on the friendships and acquaintances from here...or maybe it's a little bit of all of this...

...but this place is special.

I joined in Sept 2017 to follow the Justin Field's recruiting saga. I had been lurking on one of my brother's accounts, and when I made a post or two, he changed his password. So $99 later, one of the biggest CMR fans became a venter. Lucky y'all. Compared to a lot on here, I'm still a bit of a newbie.

In five+ years, I've made more friends virtually and in person, than I ever thought possible. That wasn't the plan or goal either. In the highs and lows of life, obviously God has always been there, but, in a hopefully not-too-sacreligious way, so has the vent. It's been cool to see the way we rally around each other on here. Seeing the outpouring of love and sympathy for HSD during his bout with cancer and then when he passed, being able to gift his wife with a book of those thoughts and prayers from all the venters who contributed...we all loved when Ken from Metter would post about attending games back in the 1940s it seemed like...and so many more. I wasn't around in the days of Ghost and others, but loved reading the stories and reminiscing about legend venters long gone.

And what would a vent family be without the occasional arguing and offers to meet at a wachovia parking lot...usually a short trip to Santiago seems to sober most up...

From time to time, if I'm too engrossed in my phone, my wife will say "Who are you so busy txtn?" My response every time is "about 8000 dudes and 3-4 women." A few of my now closest friends have come from here.

@GymDawg1523 (frmly SC Dawg 1940, frmly Carolinadawg1940, frmly whatever the hell you started out as--dude just keep your account) has become one of my best friends on the planet. Got to watch the Natty last year and smoke victory cigars and drink bourbon late into the night.

@natty.now is one of the most UGA-connected members on here, and also one of the most generous. He set it up for @GymDawg1523 to get engaged on Dooley field at Sanford Stadium to a girl who grew up in an Auburn (sorry for the cursing) family. He also gave away free tix to Ga/Fl game this year on here...Have gotten to know him and his sweet wife Kay before she passed from ALS earlier this year. Still keeping him and his family in our thoughts and prayers. Love getting to visit briefly whenever we're in Athens or SSI at the same time.

@Coneloc Man how crazy was it how we were able to connect in little tiny Rabun Co. GA. Now every trip back, several times a year results in our little girls wanting to get together with "LaLa and BoPop." Btw, we're coming back over in a couple weeks. Will txt you w details.

@CJ3131 if you're back in Rabun Co middle of the month, we need to make it happen. Known you virtually for years now from lurking on the bunker under a friend's account.

@jlowe807. Man this one still stings. How in the hell has it been 4 years now?? RIP brother. Met you on here in the fall of 2017 and met you and Chanell in person in Feb 2018. We talked almost nightly on the phone about everything. Life, parenting, God, and our beloved Dawgs. I'll never forget chatting with you after your trip to Lexington for the Ky game in 2018. Couple days later your cousin posted on here about your passing in that horrible car crash. Still doesn't seem real. You've had the best seat in the house up there for these last several years. Hell you already know what Jan holds for us. I think we all have a pretty good idea too...until we meet again, and we will.

@dawgfan31 I didn't meet you on here, but about 17 years ago through another brother of mine who you met from here, long before I got a sub. Saturday's gonna be fun going to ATL together. Let's give 'em hell!

@LEO Dawg After meeting in person, I laugh at how many thought you were Justin Field's dad. Good times. Still need you to get up here to Gville soon.

@MonolithicDawgX posted a random "what are good courses to golf near Greenville SC" one morning, and 5 hrs later we were teeing them up at CVCC. Let me know when you're back this way.

@claydawg99 Man we made sure sec 133 did their part in causing all the false start penalties against those ugly ass orange hillbillies earlier this month. Can't wait till you can get me the hookups to golf w Tiger and travel around the country in your badass Rv! Ha

@rwilliams21 Dude. How crazy did a simple "places to golf in SSI" thread this summer turn into hanging out all week and then coming back in Oct to go to the WLOCP together?! Gotta make it an annual thing now every summer and every Halloween wknd.

@LadyADawg I know we haven't met in person, but a woman who loves the Dawgs, runs a liquor store, and starts every morning with the "good morning dawg nation" thread to get people's mind in the right direction...not sure there's a better combo.

@dtrailerman my bourbon cousin! Literally found out I had another cousin with the same last name, spelled the same way (the uncommon way) w family from the same area of South Ga. Have had some great bourbon and convos w this guy…

And to the many more on here I've dm'd/txtd/called but not met in person yet... @AlchemyDawg186 @donalsonville_dawg @Single Barrel Dawg @Utley1992 @ghostofpowerdawg @Blocker57 @athensdawg88 looking forward to getting together one day in the near future... and to those I've been able to secure tix/pps from on the dawgtrade...Thank you.

Crazy how many times I've been asked "so how do you know _________?" and I've had to answer with "oh, we met online." This really is a special place. Not sure of another $99 annual investment that has brought the kind of value to me and my family that this place has. It's always great to be a Georgia Bulldog, but it's something special to be a part of this Georgia Bulldog family.

ps...My little one year old (she'll be two on Christmas morning) has perfected her basic colors. Swear to god, it goes like this: "Wed, Bwue, Gween, Yeyow, Ornge--ewww, yuttckey"

Go Dawgs!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News