ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Marcellus Barnes

LanceMcCurley

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Aug 14, 2023
Athens, Ga.
I had a good conversation with Marcellus Barnes yesterday. He was a surprise to see at the Kentucky game back in October, but it wasn't a shock to see him back this past Saturday. Georgia is recruiting him hard.

Barnes told me he finally got to meet Kirby Smart in person and was impressed with how much the head coach knew about him. Barnes' family also left with a better feeling about the coaching staff. While Barnes is still committed to Virginia Tech, he is seriously considering the Bulldogs. He also loves how UGA's staff isn't pushy and respects his commitment to the Hokies. He knows that he has a big choice to make in the next few weeks.

According to Barnes, Georgia can see him playing anywhere in the defensive backfield, and he likes that. The staff's pitch to him is to come get developed and play in a "winning system." He told me that "Georgia doesn't disappoint."

When it comes to his decision, Barnes goes to a private school in Tennessee and wants to enroll early wherever he ends up, but isn't sure if his school will let him graduate in December. He still plans to sign on Dec. 20.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News