ADVERTISEMENT

Mari Jordan scored 36 against Osborne in a remarkable performance in the state playoffs last night

WRDefenderDog

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2009
North Augusta, SC

Jordan and James as recruits are a good place to start…​

Georgia signee Lamariyon Jordan scores 36 as Norcross boys reach Elite Eight​

“Bulldog signee Lamariyon Jordan went off for 36 points — 27 in the second half — as fourth-ranked Norcross pulled away from Osborne for a 72-60 victory in the Class AAAAAAA second round. The defending state champion Blue Devils (25-4), unbeaten in February, will host Newton at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Elite Eight, marking the fourth time those two have played the last two seasons.

“Mari is such a special and unique player because he doesn’t really dominate the basketball,” Norcross boys coach Jesse McMillan said. “He doesn’t need a lot of touches to have some good numbers. We put in a few things to let him, when he gets rolling, to let him get good looks. That little stretch there where he had maybe six or eight in a row off some easy actions we had put in was really good to see. He doesn’t need a lot of space. He doesn’t need a lot of action. He’s such a good player.”

Jordan, who also grabbed 12 rebounds, scored the first seven points of the third quarter to open up a more comfortable lead that grew as big as 18 in the second half. The 6-foot-6 wing scored 16 of his team’s 20 third-quarter points and made all four of his 3-pointers in the second half.

“I knew when Coach called my number for some plays, I knew it was going to be one (big) night,” Jordan said. “I got hot and I started feeling it. It was on from there.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News