ADVERTISEMENT

Max 737

Just curious, were the two Max 737 crashes that took place in 2018 failure's of Trump's Transportation Secretary?
You don't even know who the Transportation Secretary was under the Trump administration.

One of several key differences here is that President Trump appointed a Transportation Secretary that was well qualified for the position. BIden went for the "diversity hire" without regard to qualifications. The stupidity of that decision was exacerbated by the fact that the existing Secretary would also have filled the diversity bill without sacrificing job preparation and experience

Secretary Chao did not gain public notoriety for being AWOL during a national transportation crisis. She was not known for empty political gestures, such as photo opps with a bicycle. If anything, she was known for years of service in senior positions with the DOT.

The two crashes you mentioned were with foreign airlines on foreign flights under foreign regulation (Indonesia and Ethiopia). The crashes were the result of a sensor and guidance software that Boeing failed to tell the airlines about. There is no way the pilots or crews could have known about it, or what to do if a problem occurred.

The Trump DOJ and FAA took action with Boeing. All of those planes were grounded following the crashes until the problem was fixed, wiring replaced, and training implemented toward the end of 2020. Congressional testimony indicated that Boeing had numerous production quality defects that likewise needed to be fixed. These were known to the FAA and incoming Secretary of Transportation.

But now we find that Boeing de-emphasized product quality and training in lieu of DEI efforts in 2022 - just 2 years after being exposed for a major product quality and training failure. Now there are new, identifiable problems. Are you willing to get on a plane manufactured and maintained with reduced emphasis on quality and training to accommodate unrelated, superficial goals?

Last edited:
Just curious, were the two Max 737 crashes that took place in 2018 failure's of Trump's Transportation Secretary?
another embarrassment for you in your attempts to hold biden and the lgqxyz movement up. SMH you libs are special.

Reactions: blackpug6
Zona beat me to it. The 2 crashes you question were foreign airlines. But Trump's sec'y was qualified and sharp. I can't think of a single accomplishment by the current *guy*. I'm afraid this is just the beginning. We're becoming Europe where we no longer value hard work and merit. I can only hope and pray it's reversible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT