ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe it is just me, but I find it hard to believe many of the

elevator

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2001
passionate posters on this board, some of whom I've had heated debates with, as well as others, don't find it unacceptable, classless and just wrong for the way some here talk about our players. They suck, they're trash, they're garbage ( Va. Dog did apologize to an extent). Really? Those are some of the terms used in just the past week or so.

It shouldn't even have to be said, but it evidently does, that these kids were recruited by representatives of our University, committed to us, after being recruited by others, and go to class and work their tails off during Crean's practices every day. Do they deserve to be labeled garbage and trash? Do they suck. Of course not, no matter how they have played.

You want to say they have no talent as many claim, fine by me, but then how do you explain the fact that we have beaten several good teams and played close for several halves with some of the best in the country. We whipped Ga. Tech convincingly. They beat Syracuse on the road the other night, who then beat Duke.

The truth is we have some talented guys, not enough for sure, and most of them are trying to overcome Fox's debilitating coaching. No doubt we can use ballhandlers and shooters. That point has been made ad nauseum. If it makes you happy to keep harping on the shortcomings of some individual players have at it if you think it proves some point. I certainly have been of Hammonds case for a while about his intensity.
We have improved much more than I felt we could since the start of the year. Our guards are turning the ball over much less than last year or earlier this season.

Our won/loss record is going to be a reflection, in large part, as to how well we can shoot the ball, especially from distance. That's just the way it is.

It's gonna be a tough year, but who thought it wouldn't be? I believe most would agree that we can make it somewhat better by being honest and respectful to and about our team. I wish others would speak out, but perhaps it is easier just to tolerate the poison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News