ADVERTISEMENT

melon(s)

melania-trump-legs-hot-image.jpeg

I've never seen anything like this. You cannot get a vipe ripe watermelon in the state of Georgia. I bought two at Kroger recently and both were shit. Took them back and let the manager know what to look for when buying GD watermelons. Back in the late 70's and early 80's I was growing 200 acres of the different varieties. It ain't EFFN rocket science. Went home to the farm in S. Ga on 6-16 and I'll be damned if I saw 1 melon patch anywhere.....and very few peanuts. Everyone is growing dayum cotton instead.

I've never seen anything like this. You cannot get a vipe ripe watermelon in the state of Georgia. I bought two at Kroger recently and both were shit. Took them back and let the manager know what to look for when buying GD watermelons. Back in the late 70's and early 80's I was growing 200 acres of the different varieties. It ain't EFFN rocket science. Went home to the farm in S. Ga on 6-16 and I'll be damned if I saw 1 melon patch anywhere.....and very few peanuts. Everyone is growing dayum cotton instead.
Sure wish you still did watermelons. I’d lease you some honey bees for pollination lol. What county did you farm out of?

We grow 60% peanuts 40% cotton on our farm in S Ga. I noticed the crappy melons here in Atlanta as well.

How do / would you keep the deer out of the watermelons?

My dad has planted probably 10-20 hills for many years using the seed (yellow) that came from those his grandfather planted. He has given up because whatever he does, the deer get them as soon as they are ripe.

Damn nuisance!

Reactions: Barkiavelli
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT