ADVERTISEMENT

Memory lane and wrong narrative on Bama game

TheSmartWay

Kirby’s pregame speech writer
Gold Member
Jun 17, 2017
@athensdawg88 and I once had a discussions of our first memories of uga football. Unfortunately mine is the 94-96 seasons. I remember how inept we looked consistently. I remember being in the stands when Florida hung 55 on us in Athens. I remember going to games with my mom, one bucket of fried chicken, and being able to feed the entire section. We were terrible. 97 is the first season that fancy word hope found me.

That hope would pain me every year until 2021. Sadly, as one of the people who didn’t think Stetson could get it done, I didn’t enjoy that season as much as I should have until it was over.

2022 was the first season I “enjoyed”watching, because we were national Champions and every game didn’t depend on us winning our first natty of my life. It was a weird realization to come to. I spent my entire life loving uga football, but didn’t enjoy it until 2022….almost pathetic

I feel the Bama game narrative was wrong all week. Their defense is not good. We had 5 turnovers on the road at night, and had the lead with 2 minutes left. Sure we lost the game, but that team down 28 points didn’t blink and fought all the way back. Kirby adjusted quick, and bobo stuck with his plan with a struggling qb and didn’t lose faith. We have the heart of champions. That will matter throughout this season.

A lot of y’all need to quit crapping all over this team and enjoy it. We have a team good enough to win it all. This is still the greatest time ever to be a uga fan. We we are far removed from 94-96. We have the best program in college football, and the best head coach in America. I would implore you to enjoy it, as I am.

We beat our oldest rival by 18 after coming off a game we should have never lost. Instead of being miserable and thinking our coaches suck. Understand they are amazing at their jobs, and have brought more championships to uga than any other coach in our history.

Be loud at the games, make Athens a place or bell for our rivals and enjoy our ridiculous success and don’t be like spoiled Bama fans

Go dawgs!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.