ADVERTISEMENT

Message board posts from around the SEC....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
1. The Vols debate whether they have a real shot at knocking off UGA/making the playoff:

"Hendon has another year on his contract with UT" Vol: Im not sure anyone is outright predicting we will be in the CFP, but its kind of foolish to count us out. Georgia and Alabama are both replacing QBs. It's not a given their replacements will come in and score enough to keep pace with Huepel's offense.

"Kirby hasn't had a QB in six years that's done anything worth a hoot late in a game against us" Vol: how many times have we been worried about UGA’s qb’s and then they’re nothing special? How many 5 stars have left the program under Kirby? 3 or 4 I think . The one thing I’m not sold on when it comes to UGA is their QB room, you could probably add the wideouts to that too.

"NY6 bowl is just an average year for us. Now let me find where I was in my newly ordered UT book commemorating our NY6 bowl season" Vol: Saying our ceiling is just a NY6 bowl overwhelmingly stupid.

Tennessee_Football_2022-Mockups-Features3.jpg

Not Eric Ainge Vol: The crowd noise in Athens last year made a huge difference. It have their DL the advantage needed. Neyland needs to rock extremely loud this year.

"We should expect a commemorative book every season now" Vol: Our ceiling is playoffs. Expectations should be NY6 minimum. I do think the defense takes a step forward, it’s hard to assume the offense will be as good as last year but if Milton can put it all together, there is the potential.

"Georgia only scored 182 points in Mike Bobo's last five games at UGA against us" Vol:We have to remember that M Bobo is now taking over the offense and in my mind he has yet to prove he can operate on a title contending level as OC. He certainly will have the on-field tools needed, if he just has the brain and leadership skills for it......we shall see.

Bobo Fisher Vol: Agreed. I could see Bobo, Jimbo-ing the Georgia offense. Not saying they’ll be Texas AM 5-7 level bad (because they play no one), but I don’t expect this transition to be smooth

TIvoli Vol: I think they're gonna realize how much better their last OC was soon enough. I was pumped when he got a different job and very happy when uga settled on Bobo.

Vol with a memory: Bobo at OC set records at Ga, I believe. He's not that bad. He took Arron Murray to the top of the GA passing record book. 2010-2013 (Not the best of memories though. It was the top of the SEC record book.)

2. The Gumps are worried Milroe will be their starter.
WRTR News Gump:
Alabama's quarterback competition might have a favorite heading into the summer.

Recent reports out of Tuscaloosa have said that Jalen Milroe has started to separate himself from the rest of the pack.

Milroe served as Bryce Young's backup last season and played well when the latter was hurt for a little bit. In five total appearances, he had 297 yards through the air, five touchdowns, and three interceptions.

Hendon Hooker Jr. won't cut it in Tuscaloosa Gump: Milroe is exceptionally athletic. But, we need more than read one receiver and then run. Five TDs to three INTs isn’t good.

"He's like Spencer Rattler that's not good at 7 on 7 either" Gump: He is not the deer in the headlights.. he is the deer running from the truck before it gets close..

3. And for post of the day, this Gator fan's gif response to a fellow Gator fan who asked "Why aren't we competing at football?"

giphy.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News