ADVERTISEMENT

Misconceptions of college football

gbulldogs1010

National Champion
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2015
Reading the board after watching yet again an unimpressive win but feel like people have largely lost the essence of college football here. The fan base has certainly become starry eyed at what success is after being a few plays away from being back to back to back national champions which hasn’t happened in the modern era. We were all spoiled from that experience and holistically the last 5 years. Georgia is not terrible this year. When people talk about all of the holes and weakspots it seems to me those people are just discrediting who is on the other side of the ball. We are just as good as any of the other top 5 teams in the country. Every team is filled with vulnerabilities and can lose on a whims notice. I think people undersell the level of parity across college football this year. Really don’t believe Texas or OSU is that much of a step ahead if at all and think next week will be telling. Think the dawgs shut alot of people up on the board next week and then everyone is peaches and roses. NIL has changed the landscape of college football and I think people forget how good every athlete in the starting 11 on Miss St is even if they haven’t played that way. Do the dawgs need a collective effort to be at their best and win a natty this year? Yes. And more so than other years. Are most teams including Alabama Texas OSU and others in the same boat? Yeah you just haven’t seen it with 2 of the teams yet because they’ve played nobody. People have short memories but wait and see. Think we will have an unprecedented year of 3-4 loss teams (some of which including the dawgs if 9-3 get in) and maybe a couple 2 loss teams. OSU is the only team with the chance of going 1 loss or undefeated and I don’t think that speaks to much the big 10 is sorry. Don’t think ole Miss or Tennessee is all that either they are filled with issues albeit maybe having one off players like Nico that lead to more excitement or false hope. Penn state sucks, Miami is fraudulent. Anyone else I haven’t mentioned is horrible. Go dawgs. Stop being so down on the team!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.