ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi retiring its state flag

DawgHammarskjold

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
BB16m1sm.img

Used to enjoy early morning runs on Monument Avenue in Richmond, never thought about anything but the beauty and history.
Removing the statues takes away from both. If I owned property there, I would be unhappy.

cflm4t7whwg31.jpg
No matter what they remove it can never be forgotten that Richmond was the Capital of the Confederacy.

Used to enjoy early morning runs on Monument Avenue in Richmond, never thought about anything but the beauty and history.
Removing the statues takes away from both. If I owned property there, I would be unhappy.

cflm4t7whwg31.jpg
A lot of tourists used to go see Richmond due to historical tourism, aided by the beauty and the statues of Monument Alley. The marxists obviously couldn't care less now. It's just a suburb of the swamp along with a lot of black people. Sprinkle in some working class, just because they have to tolerate them to make the city run.

I say one should take their civil war tour money (still a bit of tourism money left to be spent) to Montgomery, Alabama. I'm sure they could use a few more tourist dollars over there and would appreciate wherever and from whomever it came from. Cash money is green all over. It ain't blue or gray.

Last edited:
I guess the letter from Robert E. Lee hanging on the wall in the court house at Amelia Court House , Va., will be gone . It was a letter he wrote asking for food and blankets from the residents , he requested they meet his troops at the court house . History is History , it is scary that some folks want to erase it . What's next ?
cflm4t7whwg31.jpg

It means the same thing it meant in 1980, it's history . I don't know why that is hard to understand .
Yes it is history! I am guessing you are not black. Neither am I, but I can see where that time in history would be nothing to be proud of. Put it in museum along with the statues of other Confederate leaders. Still history, but not "flashing" it to all like it was something to be proud of. JMO

Richmond is starting to get a little more dangerous, and a little less "hip" and "cool" and "edgy". They better be careful. Once that worm turns, it goes bad for decades.

Jefferson Hotel is one of the finest small/medium travel properties in the South....particularly with the extensive renovations and upgrades over the past 4-5 years. Every room is now a suite, and the prices are good.
All the common areas, banquet areas, bars in there are in the best shape in the hotel's history. Absolutely gorgeous. Pristine condition.

I am guessing that is going to suffer for business with all the historic landmarks disposed of. Why visit? I guess the folks that do biz with Altria will still go.

Mayor is a young Black Progressive from New York. Governor is a Left Wing racist freak who wears blackface and supports killing babies even AFTER they are born. Lets see how their new Orwellian history revision and class warfare, and racial animus will help poor blacks find jobs, there. Jury is still out. We will just have to see if Hate is really the best way forward. Its an experiment. Lets see how it goes.

Richmond is starting to get a little more dangerous, and a little less "hip" and "cool" and "edgy". They better be careful. Once that worm turns, it goes bad for decades.

Jefferson Hotel is one of the finest small/medium travel properties in the South....particularly with the extensive renovations and upgrades over the past 4-5 years. Every room is now a suite, and the prices are good.
All the common areas, banquet areas, bars in there are in the best shape in the hotel's history. Absolutely gorgeous. Pristine condition.

I am guessing that is going to suffer for business with all the historic landmarks disposed of. Why visit? I guess the folks that do biz with Altria will still go.

Mayor is a young Black Progressive from New York. Governor is a Left Wing racist freak who wears blackface and supports killing babies even AFTER they are born. Lets see how their new Orwellian history revision and class warfare, and racial animus will help poor blacks find jobs, there. Jury is still out. We will just have to see if Hate is really the best way forward. Its an experiment. Lets see how it goes.
Good point!

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
I say one should take their civil war tour money (still a bit of tourism money left to be spent) to Montgomery, Alabama. I'm sure they could use a few more tourist dollars over there and would appreciate wherever and from whomever it came from. Cash money is green all over. It ain't blue or gray.

While you are at it, see the National Memorial for Peace and Justice. It's powerfully affecting.

https://museumandmemorial.eji.org/memorial

LOL

William T. Thompson, The creator of the Confederate Battle Flag, stating why he made it and what it stood for. I quote, "As a people we are fighting to maintain the heaven ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior colored race... A white flag would thus be emblematic of our cause.... Upon a red field would stand forth our Southern Cross. Gemmed , preserving in beautiful contrast the red white and blue".

Yes, its history but the history is incorrect. No one race is above another. So why have that symbol represent a state, a sport or an event?

Just a little history lesson...

Reactions: jcadams
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT