ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg MLB all star game moved..

I was looking forward to this event in Atlanta but I guess it's not possible to make it safe enough over the next several months? Am I missing something? We not woke enough!?! Bout to transfer jobs to effing Canada for real!

Wow so we're doing things to hurt our economy again and again over a potential glorified flu!?! I was looking forward to this event in Atlanta but I guess it's not possible to make it safe enough over the next several months? Am I missing something?
You are missing something. This is in response to the new voting laws passed by Georgia this past week. Yet another example of a sports league going political. And in a time when less and less people could care less about spending their hard earned money to go to a game, a baseball game no less. Crazy how these entities are literally tripping over themselves to out-woke the other.

I was looking forward to this event in Atlanta but I guess it's not possible to make it safe enough over the next several months? Am I missing something? We not woke enough!?! Bout to transfer jobs to effing Canada for real!
Holy crap is this for real?

Reactions: warhawk1451
And chances are they will move it to a state that already has more restrictive voting measures and rules in place in Georgia does. I swear, all you have to do is scream certain things loudly in this country and no one bothers to look any deeper than that. And teams, leagues, corporations, etc. bend over backwards falling in line to appease the woke masses. It’s truly sickening.

Also, I hope I wouldn’t mind federal action against companies that want to interfere with state economies for political reasons. I’m all for free markets. I also think it should work both ways though. If you want hands off from the government, then don’t make politically spiteful moves that impact state economies.

And who exactly will this brilliant move by MLB hurt the most, think about it for a minute.

If the All-Star Game relocates, it could cost Atlanta big bucks. Cities that previously hosted the week-long event have generated at least $60 million in economic boosts since 2009, according to data from the Baseball Almanac.

You are missing something. This is in response to the new voting laws passed by Georgia this past week. Yet another example of a sports league going political. And in a time when less and less people could care less about spending their hard earned money to go to a game, a baseball game no less. Crazy how these entities are literally tripping over themselves to out-woke the other.
Yet, you're posting it on a premium message board that covers sports. Got it!

Also, I hope I wouldn’t mind federal action against companies that want to interfere with state economies for political reasons. I’m all for free markets. I also think it should work both ways though. If you want hands off from the government, then don’t make politically spiteful moves that impact state economies.
What is a state economy composed of?

When I want to know who to vote for, the first people I consult are LeBron James and Rob Manfred. Their opinions really move my needle, so they should continue making them known.

Please read edited post, alcohol and anger leads to me not reading tweets and retarded assumptions lol. You know what happens when you assume right lol!?!

And chances are they will move it to a state that already has more restrictive voting measures and rules in place in Georgia does. I swear, all you have to do is scream certain things loudly in this country and no one bothers to look any deeper than that. And teams, leagues, corporations, etc. bend over backwards falling in line to appease the woke masses. It’s truly sickening.
Agree but on both sides. Kind of like the millions that bought there was fraud based on 1 man saying it without facts/proof. Both sides have gone nuts. That’s another reason I am an independent.

Reactions: athensjohn
Our country is headed to hell in a hurry. Chances of voter fraud will exist from now on. Sorry, but this country as we once knew it is HISTORY and not for The good.
Yeah, cause having the losing candidate call the state attorney general to find enough votes to overturn an election wasn't going to hell fast enough for some I guess.

Did they even read it? It is disgusting.

Can someone elaborate. I'm lost on this one. What's going on?
It’s pretty simple actually, these corporations are mad because the new voter ID laws that was signed in they claim it’s voter suppression, and so major-league baseball move the All-Star game

I’ll barely watch mlb since the Braves aren’t on YouTube. It’s not worth it for me to go somewhere else. I also fail to see how the bill prevents anyone from voting that wants to vote as long as they show id of who they are. Why the heck would that be a problem. If someone can show that to me I’ll be happy to have my mind changed.

I am offended by this. You are cancelled because life is easier when I funnel opinions I don’t like. Goodbye.

Reactions: somchair1
These corporations are not necessarily even mad about the bill, its just of a way to save face and be like we are against voter suppression. While in reality the bill expands voting rights but limits drop boxes which were not even used but for the influx of mail in ballots due to COVID. The corporations just do not want the left protesting their products so they comply.

No you're not.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT