ADVERTISEMENT

Mmm here y’all go

OlecountryDawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Jan 24, 2008
Another long week at work in the books… it’s hard, y’all. We are seeing very sick patients daily and there are NO ICU beds to send them. And it isn’t just COVID patients… we are holding medical and cardiac ICU patients for DAYS in the ER because there is nowhere to send them. I leave work mentally exhausted after calling 50+ hospitals in our state and surrounding states only to be told “we’re on diversion” or “we’re holding 20 something patients in our ER waiting for beds”. Septic patients, cardiac patients, covid patients, renal patients, non hemorrhagic stroke patients, GI bleeds, surgical patients… the list goes on and on… NO ICU BEDS available.

Our ambulance services are stretched because they are carrying the ones we are lucky enough to find beds for three or four hour transports (one way).

I’ve had ICU patients in our little rural ER almost every night for the past 7. Some have improved and some have not. I think Alabamians getting the vaccine would help with this problem eventually but for now this post isn’t about vaccines.

Nurses in this state are at a boiling point. They are leaving left and right to take jobs that pay more money than they can refuse. Hospitals are overwhelmed and the nurses that they have on staff are doing all that they can do. The pandemic isn’t over. The health crisis in this state is like nothing I’ve ever seen or read about before.

I’ve had heart attack patients sign out against medical advice because they are tired of waiting for a bed to open up. It’s heartbreaking as a nurse to watch patients die and not be able to do anything to help them survive.

The community could help us though…. Emergency rooms are for life threatening emergencies. If you have sore throat or sniffles and want a covid test, wait!!! Go to a clinic during business hours. It’s much cheaper and they will give you a work excuse too. If you have a toothache, wait!!! Take some Motrin and call a dentist in the morning. If you vomit one time, wait!!! Don’t eat anything, get in bed, go to a clinic in the morning and get some medicine. ERs are not Urgent Care Centers… nurses are taking care of critical care patients more so than we usually do…. and if you have to wait in the lobby be patient. If you have to wait for a blanket be patient. If you have to wait for a sandwich tray… well, bless your heart I haven’t peed in 8 hours.

Be kind to your healthcare workers… it’s not easy for us right now. Pray for your health care workers… we need it.

Another long week at work in the books… it’s hard, y’all. We are seeing very sick patients daily and there are NO ICU beds to send them. And it isn’t just COVID patients… we are holding medical and cardiac ICU patients for DAYS in the ER because there is nowhere to send them. I leave work mentally exhausted after calling 50+ hospitals in our state and surrounding states only to be told “we’re on diversion” or “we’re holding 20 something patients in our ER waiting for beds”. Septic patients, cardiac patients, covid patients, renal patients, non hemorrhagic stroke patients, GI bleeds, surgical patients… the list goes on and on… NO ICU BEDS available.

Our ambulance services are stretched because they are carrying the ones we are lucky enough to find beds for three or four hour transports (one way).

I’ve had ICU patients in our little rural ER almost every night for the past 7. Some have improved and some have not. I think Alabamians getting the vaccine would help with this problem eventually but for now this post isn’t about vaccines.

Nurses in this state are at a boiling point. They are leaving left and right to take jobs that pay more money than they can refuse. Hospitals are overwhelmed and the nurses that they have on staff are doing all that they can do. The pandemic isn’t over. The health crisis in this state is like nothing I’ve ever seen or read about before.

I’ve had heart attack patients sign out against medical advice because they are tired of waiting for a bed to open up. It’s heartbreaking as a nurse to watch patients die and not be able to do anything to help them survive.

The community could help us though…. Emergency rooms are for life threatening emergencies. If you have sore throat or sniffles and want a covid test, wait!!! Go to a clinic during business hours. It’s much cheaper and they will give you a work excuse too. If you have a toothache, wait!!! Take some Motrin and call a dentist in the morning. If you vomit one time, wait!!! Don’t eat anything, get in bed, go to a clinic in the morning and get some medicine. ERs are not Urgent Care Centers… nurses are taking care of critical care patients more so than we usually do…. and if you have to wait in the lobby be patient. If you have to wait for a blanket be patient. If you have to wait for a sandwich tray… well, bless your heart I haven’t peed in 8 hours.

Be kind to your healthcare workers… it’s not easy for us right now. Pray for your health care workers… we need it.
Amen

• Haha
Reactions: PotimusWillie
So can you explain to me why all these health care workers have been allowed to work through the pandemic without a vaccine mandate and why its now being required?

because the vaccine is to protect the workers and their families . Because they are at a higher risk for getting it . That’s why .. every job has requirements. I had requirements I had to meet for my job . If I didn’t like those requirements I could have resigned . Simple stuff

Some of those requirements change over the years for my job . My last five years, we had to meet fitness for duty or be suspended until we were fit for duty . If we didn’t have enough leave we went without pay .

Last edited:
because the vaccine is to protect the workers and their families . Because they are at a higher risk for getting it . That’s why .. every job has requirements. I had requirements I had to meet for my job . If I didn’t like those requirements I could have resigned . Simple stuff
You didn’t answer my question. Why wasn’t it required when it was first rolled out? They’ve worked through this entire pandemic without it. Why is it just now being required. They were allowed to work all this time without the vaccine and now their livelihoods are being taken from them if they refuse it.

You didn’t answer my question. Why wasn’t it required when it was first rolled out? They’ve worked through this entire pandemic without it. Why is it just now being required. They were allowed to work all this time without the vaccine and now their livelihoods are being taken from them if they refuse it.

Because there was no vaccine available at the time . Now there is and there a mandate to keep your job . What were were they suppose to do ? Just stick a needle in a nurses arm for no reason ? That’s why .

you know absolutely squat about any of your postulations;
try me you fake MFer.
you've overstepped bounds of belief once again.!
whomever is producing this fake account BS needs to be more aware of their own post history.!

pug

Last edited:
you know absolutely squat about any of your postulations;
try me you fake MFer.
you've overstepped bounds of belief once again.!
whomever is producing this fake account BS needs to be more aware of their own post history.!

pug
Lost a lot of respect for @OlecountryDawg with the Fred thread. If you’re going to call someone an idiot at least have have a basis for the claim. Otherwise it’s better to respect the freedoms and rights of those people to make their own decisions and just keep your mouth shut lol.

Lost a lot of respect for @OlecountryDawg with the Fred thread. If you’re going to call someone an idiot at least have have a basis for the claim. Otherwise it’s better to respect the freedoms and rights of those people to make their own decisions and just keep your mouth shut lol.

I can smell real verus trollish from long away.
not always, yet
OcD needs less volume.
attempts to be the shapeshifter.
He is Not.
if so, there are at least two individuals that I will happily name.

Last edited:
Based on his post history it’s a statistical certainty that if you know him you’ll end up hospitalized. Knowing OlecountryDawg is like having a comorbidity.

Based on his post history it’s a statistical certainty that if you know him you’ll end up hospitalized. Knowing OlecountryDawg is like having a comorbidity.
he either offered me horrible blonde Beer,
or sent me a T-shirt.
I like them, but they just are intent on disruptuion.
the others;
don't give time of day.

Last edited:

In my town the hospital is as quiet as a church mouse.

Where is all this happening? I live outside Atlanta

be an esel and troll me..
wait untill a few minutes or two days.
i Know you.
you do not to battle with me,
Do You?
Ok pug . I’m leaving to go see about Fred . His wife just call and said he may not make it through the night . Go entertain yourself. Bye .

Some of those requirements change over the years for my job . My last five years, we had to meet fitness for duty or be suspended until we were fit for duty . If we didn’t have enough leave we went without pay .

a nurse getting vaccinated doesn’t protect the patient. The patient getting vaccinated protects the patient. Why is this so hard to grasp.

you did notice that That was 6 weeks ago.

you must be bored.
obviously I'm also bored around this time of day...

fwiw, I tend to study trends here.
cadence and wording are large "tells" for some folk,
me included. it's hard to hide,
(fwiw I am pug. no one else).

Reactions: Section220Dawg

My old neighbor works at Northside. She says it ain’t so bad. What’s the survival rate again? What’s the recovery rate? I forget.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT