ADVERTISEMENT

Mods, if all the Braves posts are going to be consolidated into one thread on here with zero context, can they at least be moved to the chat intact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
or a sports board (edit)? Just mushing them together in a single thread to create a babbling mashup that looks really schizophrenic, comes across as spiteful.

Incidentally, I know that this is the Dawg Vent... but Braves posting has always been largely accepted, and I never thought it was much of a distraction. It's frankly a Godsend in the offseason and keeps the board running without hiccups and prevents it from having ring rust. But more than that, the Braves convos we have, are with our friends and not randos. Our convos are tailored to the guys we know on the board. It's why we aren't on Braves boards, with people (who are largely emotional idiots, essentially tweeting with zero depth) who don't have relationships with eachother. It's wasted. There are a litany of other sports related relationships we have on this board as well, and they aren't a distraction to what brought us all together. But we shouldn't ignore the other interests that 90% of us share (there aren't many). It helps keeps us together. It's good for the Dawgs and it's good for the DawgVent. Consider this a plea to the mods. Just try to understand this.

It seems like this board has always been good about relevant topics dictating the conversations here. I've never seen an important Dawg convo get dominated by another topic, especially during the season... and especially the closer we get to game day. Its time tested and as true as the day is long. It just works itself out natually without heavy moderation. This will always be a Dawg-Centric board, it's literally why we are here, nothing will change that. We get that political convos should be on the chat and it's something we all largely accept... but you also have to remember the boards have an individual, natural chemistry and that some forced moves when there is literally nothing broken, isn't necessarily a good thing.

Moderating is a lot like reffing. Sometimes letting things play out is better. A good mod allows things to run smoothly and never makes himself a topic. You guys do a great job of that generally, but the board would be better if you didn't reach for the flags so quickly on this topic in particular.

So please, mods, consider what I've said. I'm sure I speak for many. And if this isn't palatable, can you guys at least crowdsource some ideas from us on the issue? Thanks.

@Moosefish @lifedawg @Saxondawg @Radi Nabulsi @Anthony Dasher

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News